Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5R clock........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: DB5R clock........ Reply with quote

Ok, here is a serious problem I'm having with my bike, the clock in the instrument panel is running slow!
I would take it down to my local dealer for a reflash or something if he wasn't in North Carolina or some such god forsaken place and probably couldn't do anything anyway.
Is there any way to fiddle with that thing?
1965 Triumph T100SC
spidermaan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: DB5R clock........ Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
Ok, here is a serious problem I'm having with my bike, the clock in the instrument panel is running slow!
I would take it down to my local dealer for a reflash or something if he wasn't in North Carolina or some such god forsaken place and probably couldn't do anything anyway.
Is there any way to fiddle with that thing?

no, I don't know you can do anything
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spike...you have the version that is a central white tacho round dial with a small lcd display below dont you? I do know that these same clocks were fitted to the special edition Ducation MH900E

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ducati/ducati_mh900e.htm

Although they did fit a chrome surround to the clocks....I'd look for a brand name/serial number on it somewhere and see if you can find the manufacturer...Slow running clock though? Not the biggest issue in the world
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the bike goes too fast for the clock Shocked
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Vince186

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha you're right Brain, .. That means, according to Einstein’s theory of relativity, that your bike did go so fast that you travelled in time. Shocked
That means,… the bike travelled with the speed of light….. Shocked
Spike …Sell it to me, sell it to me, sell it to me.. Laughing

Or there is a problem with the quartz crystal in the clock. Sad
CNC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one spere, but trip meter doesn't work... I couldn't find the way to fix it (I didn't try very hard...). Is your battery good? They seams to be very strange when battery power is a little down...
SpikeC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention battery- I ride at least several times a week and keep it on a battery tender most of the time, so it starts well, butt as far as I have been able to ascertain the battery is original to the bike. It was built in 2007 as a 2008 model, but I do not know just exactaly when it was put into service, so this battery could very well be pushing 6 years old.
I may just go ahead and install one of those LiFe jobbies before the poor thing goes tits up for good.........
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battery should have a date on it somewhere...they usually do...and if original on a Duc engine its done well to last that long...I go for Absorbed Glass Matt sealed for life jobbies on mine what with it being on its side and they last better with the rattles and vibes of a Duc engine than wet cells....or go for super dupper Lion batteries ...but are mega cost even if very light....
brian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
...I go for Absorbed Glass Matt sealed for life jobbies on mine what with it being on its side and they last better with the rattles and vibes of a Duc engine than wet cells....or go for super dupper Lion batteries ...but are mega cost even if very light....

Is this the same as a gel battery Steve? Or are they different again. Seems to be SO many different types of batteries on the market now,
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batteries are called "AGM" as in Absorbed Glass Mat....a step up from lead acide plate batteries, still with lead in but come ready to go and sealed for life....supposed to be better at taking vibes...next step up is Gel batteries then the Lithium Ion ones....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: