Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB8RS for Schussboelie!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure they still have it. It just looks good on their web site Laughing

Last edited by oily on Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Schussboelie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
I don't really want to pay quite that much when I can buy SB6 and SB6R's all day long for around £4000. I know a SB8 is going to cost me a lot more but £10000........... Sad
Who is John Baldwin?

Well, get the one in Antwerp for €5K and clean it up.
I know there's a bunch of spare parts for the SB8R (Special) laying around in Germany.
Schussboelie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
I'm not so sure they still have it. It just looks good on their web site Laughing

Have you contacted them yet?
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the state of it, it will cost another £5000 to clean up Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike in Antwerp has also been sold Crying or Very sad
Schussboelie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that figures, at that price, listed almost a year ago...

The Swiss bike no option for you? It's a bit under £10K but you'll easily reach that number getting it home and all.
oily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would probably work out cheaper to get the UK bike and it would already be registered over here to save even more hassle.
Still prefer to pay less than £10000 Wink
Seven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The chap at mdinaitalia in Ipswich sells some affordable Bimotas. The one below was up for £6,500 for a while so it probably went for around £6k in the end...not bad for an 11,500 mile, good condition SB8.

Worth letting him know what you're looking for and your price range. Guarantee he'll find you something Exclamation

[/list]
Seven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SB8RS in the UK at http://www.italian-motorcycle.co.uk/stock_item.php?dlr_cat=1&veh_id=233 has been up for sale for well over a year!

I saw it originally for quite a bit more money in March 2007 when I bought my SB8R...they've reduced it since so could be open to some sensible offers now Question Very Happy
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI .....

When people mention here that you can get BIMOTA SB8R/SB8RS parts....you need to know that that is easier said then done. Many parts are becoming very hard to get and those that you can find are often very expensive.

When shopping for a used BIMOTA I highly recommend you find a good to excellent condition low mileage bike. I would avoid any bike that has been raced, crashed and/or has had a number of owners that may have disrespected it.....

Even if you need to pay more money at the beginning, you will be much happier in the long run .

Engine parts are fairly easy to get because you can buy these parts from the engine donor manufacturers. Suzuki parts for example are easy to get and fair in price. High Performance items for the engines are also fairly easy to find too. But when you start fooling around with the fueling and/or electronics, that can be a problem.

BIMOTA body work and chassis components can be very hard to find and are way over priced .

If you think you can buy a cheap used BIMOTA that is a fix it up kind of bike....by the time you get it fixed up you would have spent more money than you would if you just got a better conditioned bike to start with.

The best way to own a BIMOTA, especially one you ride as well as collect, is to stock up on parts as you find them. There are BIMOTA parts coming up on Ebay all the time. Both new parts and used parts.

Personally I have a parts inventory I have collected over the years that includes most anything I may want or need for the BIMOTAs that I have that I also ride.

This is my opinion based on being a rider and collector of various exotic Italian bikes. I also tend to buy/collect a few of the same model bike so in a worst case situation I can use one of the bikes as a parts bike.

Even though BIMOTA is up and running, I think you will find getting parts from the factory something that takes alot of time and a lot of money. BIMOTA has never been well known to stock pile parts to supply customer demand. Usually this has been the responsablity of the importers. It has been common importer practice to use a brand new bike of each model to use as a parts bike to supply parts as needed to BIMOTA owners.

If you order a part from BIMOTA often they will not stock it, but will find/order/make the part after it is ordered and then get it to the customer.

An example of the retail price of parts; a single plastic fairing piece for a SB8R/SB8RS can cost as much as $500 USD...and the SB8R/SB8RS uses 6 plastic components to its fairing, and this doesnot include the carbon fiber pieces of the body work which is even more expensive.

The carbon fiber self supporting seat and rear body section for the SB8R/SB8RS retailed for $4000 USD.....

Please do your homework before you buy a BIMOTA.....its just like owning a hand made Italian sports car.....very Kool...buy it can get costly to repair.

I dont mean to discourage anyone from becoming a BIMOTA owner....I think every one should own at least a few of them....its just that the BIMOTA Experience as they call it is different than owning a mass produced bike.
Schussboelie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now there is some valuable input!
Now we know who to turn to if we're ever in need of parts Very Happy Just kidding.
Thanks for the heads-up Doug, but we're still waiting for some pictures of your babies! And as you're a collector, don't limit yourself to the Bimota's, shwo us your beauties!

If you want to I can host as many pictures as you like for online linking...
daotoys1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sorry but these computers are not my thing...

Can you tell me how I go about posting photos on here?

If it is not to hard I may be able to figure it out.

Question
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point taken about the parts issue Doug. In the past, I've struggled with SB6 and 6R parts (never mind the rarer SB8) but where theres a will and all that. I've got some very talented contacts who have replicated both carbon body parts and alloy mechanical parts to a much better standard and at a much better price than Bimota. Delivery was a dam sight quicker too Laughing
The only worry I have with the SB8 is the modified injection system. I've read on the net, several times, about problems with this. Guess if I have a problem it will be time to be-friend an other talented contact if one can be found. Wink
Schussboelie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daotoys1 wrote:
Im sorry but these computers are not my thing...

Can you tell me how I go about posting photos on here?

If it is not to hard I may be able to figure it out.

Question

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=37

You'll need to host your pictures online though.
If you want to I can do that for you, just send me an email (you should have my email address since I was one of those interested in your bikes) and we'll work out a way to get them to me and online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: