Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota memorabillia - what ya got?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:32 am    Post subject: Bimota memorabillia - what ya got? Reply with quote

I was just wondering what Bimota memorabillia some of you Bimota nuts might have tucked away. I have very little but am always on the lookout for some. I have the original owners handbook that came with my sb6 along with the Paioli manual and leather key fob. And have picked up an owners manual and original workshop manual for my db4 thanks to a very helpful member on here. I recently picked up a nice 'Bimota Story' 25th anniversary brochure. It's quite nice with 18 colour pages on all of the bikes from '73 - '98. Als got a nice 25th anniversary poster.

Ther's very little original Bimota memorabillia on ebay that i've seen. Anyone got any other tips on finding memorabillia?

I'm interested to see what you guys have got if anyone would care to share.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polo shirt, sweatshirt and technical jacket.

Technical jackets are great, they're wind / water "resistant" (the zips are those mountaineer ones) and low fleece linned, I got mine two sizes up and wear it over my leathers.

I've got parts book too
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar "junk" to yourself Brian....Owners Manuals for the Db1, Db2, DB4, Db5, Db6 and Vdue....and Service books for all 6 also....also got a Copy of that 25th anniversary bookly "story" by chance from ebay...Bought a Bimota "map" from German ebay...and after receiving it and then google translating "map" i found that yes..it was just a plastic wallet folder...and not a "map".....Have Original Sales brochures for Db2, Db2SR, Db4 tricolor, DB5R and Db5S, DB6R and Vdue...and thanks to a fellow on here giving me the heads up...also an original sales Brochure for the Db1...a quite costly one page A4...albeit double sided...but completed the collection

After that its down to ebay tat and repros really....one No. Genuine leather Key Fob....a couple of Plastic Genuine Bimota rubberised key fobs...then a couple of copy tipes...from Australia...nice to have a varied set so I can identify each key.....rear stands for the bikes and a couple of the red velour type covers that are neat...but too nice to cover a bike with... Laughing The Bag they come in serves as a handy helmet bag though with tie strings to carry around....Hat pins, clips...Range brochures....And after that I tend to buy any English language bike magazine with a review of a Bimota that I have...think that extends to 2 drawers full....Once read then put away...

After that its "spares" that If I didnt have I'd need..and if I have I'll never need....this list I wont go into as it gets crazy...but I've managed to convince myself at least that I dont need anymore spares...

Oh and one copy of the Bible.....Did have a Bimota "medallion" of there first world championship...but this went with a book as a crimbo present to one on here...thats about all I'd probably like to admit to...Oh a Bimota Db1 wall clock...nice present from one on here...and a Neon Wall sign...repro stuff...Rugs and Banners, pop up stands (all commissioned for the shows)...Uhhhhh...that maybe it...I'd have to go into the loft to look futher into it...Oh...a copy of the "bible" also....Jeeso....wondered where my money had gone...might get crazy listing on ebay later....
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hat pin!
I also have the stuff that came with the DB5, rear stand, red cover, tool kit, and now a copy of a2007 issue of Bike!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do bimota still send out a gold "b" logo to the first registered owner ? I have one of those and have collected sales brochures but bought none recently .
brian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cool stuff there...

Which reminds me, i have a couple t shirts that the Aus distributor gave me when i visited his dealership. I'd forgotten about the sb6 and db4 sales brochures too.

I'm always looking for cool motorcycle memorabillia of any kind really. I like posters and such.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a gold "b" logo to first registration? Of what? each model or each country or both...never heard of them...would like a picture of one though.... Laughing

Free T-shirts from Aussie Bimota Dealers? Wow..you boys get spoilt over there...not only a Bimota "dealer" but T-shirts for free also....most envious...
crankcase

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost hate to think about some of the stuff I have tried to collect, but I do have 4 books, lots of brochures- only really missing the very early models and the last couple of years. Do have the nice Dixon racing folder and original accessory brochures.
Key rings, a pen !

Several workshop manuals, parts lists, owners manuals. I have the 'Mappe' too Steve !
A portfolio of design sketches for Bimota- only photos but quite special.

A mass of maybe useful one day spares such as the Titanium coated fork legs for the DB2.

Models: the red and yellow Mantras, an unmade Tamiya Tesi, small and nice SB8R and the special version too. A Mantra out of porcelain china ! ! A model truck with YB6s on the side, the Red Baron cast DB2

RIGHT NOW PHOTOBUCKET IS STOPPING ME FROM COPYING LINKS, WHAT DO WE THINK OF PHOTOBUCKET?

a bit of messing about later . .

this rather sweet- not exactly an SB2 but it says Bimota so on the packet:

Bimota workshop dungarees things, polo shirt, sweater with YB6 embroidered on the back- only fits Brigitte

A couple of pin bages: DB2 SB2 KB1

a banner

and the star of the show- a Bimota carpet, which I got on ebay a few years ago- the only problem was that the auction was ending at just about the exact second that I was going to be saying the 'ja' word- so in those pre auction sniper days- I either had to make a hefty bid before going off to the registry office- or postpone the wedding : )

No wonder I was so nervous . .

I got them both : ))

that is not my house !

probably forgotten some other obscure tat but I'm concentrating more on useful things recently . .
I wonder where I've put it all?

Ian
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Crankie...yeh I'd forgotten your carpet...and first time I've seen it...recognise the location also...where is it now? Dont recall it being rolled out at your tea party??

You've made me recall a few things also...strangely the things out on display as I only recall the things hidden away I suppose....You've also got that Key fob collection havent you...

More tat....Mantras bought to "complete" the DB collection...

(2Bims cut out and clock courtesy of someone very nice on here....)

The Mantra collection and a genuine Ball Point pen (biro...)....there is also a couple of Bimota pencils somehwere and a Bimota Notepad...logo'd on each page...from a yet another nice man that was on here...

What do I think of Photobucket? Or VomitBucket as I call it.....always falling down and slow as very dead thing with no legs....Crummy adverts...and I must have won 1,000 Ipads so far but none have made it to my front door...... Crying or Very sad
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
a gold "b" logo to first registration? Of what? each model or each country or both...never heard of them...would like a picture of one though.... Laughing

Free T-shirts from Aussie Bimota Dealers? Wow..you boys get spoilt over there...not only a Bimota "dealer" but T-shirts for free also....most envious...

I'll sort a pic of the b logo , when i bought the sb6 to register the factory warrenty you had to send of a registration form to rimini in return they sent back a gold pin badge .
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers...it will be good to see what they look like...I suppose if at some time anyones bought a "brand new" Bimota...a Gold badge is at least valid to be given out....
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Cheers...it will be good to see what they look like...I suppose if at some time anyones bought a "brand new" Bimota...a Gold badge is at least valid to be given out....

Lol it was actually 2nd hand , but only by a month with 48 miles on the clock , the first registered owner never registered the warrenty .
Bimsb6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh - lets see............
Bimota paddock jacket, tee, polo shirt, 1-piece leathers, almost complete set of model / range / accessory brochures, Tesi parts and workshop manual, V-Due, SB6 and DB2 owners handbooks, YB9 workshop manual, 3 Mantra die-cast models, DB2 half-faired die-cast model, tiny Mantra model courtesy of Ian (ta!), Bimota World Championship medal (ta matey!), 2 copies of the Bimota "bible" - both in Italian (and therefore originals!) - one opened, one not, 5 x Tamiya Tesi kits (don't ask), badges, stickers / decals, a complete, new, un-painted SB8R fairing and used carbon nose cone, spare Mantra bodywork, DB3 Mantra wall clock and other bits I have forgotten about that are lurking in the garage.

Last edited by GeeKay on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
CNC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I have just few... but turns out that I'm infected more than usual. More "official" stuff mind...

You guys have some quite interesting pieces Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: