Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

last new evoluzione
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mm500

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: last new evoluzione Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

New to the forum and I joust bought the last road legal evoluzione from Caronni.

The bike has all the mods done, JM exhaust with tuned ecu and carbs.

It wil ship from italy this week.

Any tips or mods I need to do before smoking down the street?
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats mm500...theres a few of us on here that have the same, bought from Piero Caronni....and yeh...theres a few things that might need doing..or at least checking

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3303

Read through this post as its a starter for ten....and gives a link to the workshop manual downloads from Pieros site....Best to give it a full PDI...pre-delivery inspection...yourself...found a lot of loose bolts myself....also check the gearbox oil level is topped up...manuals tell you how...theres no "window" to look through...simply a nolt to remove and see if oil comes out when bike is on a rear stand....only takes a litre to fill from empty...but may be only half full....also check the overflow rad bottle behind the clocks is at least half full of coolant...they can come empty....just pop off the nose cone and mirrors to check this...

Most of us run it rich on 2 stroke for 500 miles until run in then turn down the 2 stroke pump level as it will be spewing oil out of the rear cans for this period...then drop and change the gearbox oil...no filteres in there evidently...
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello mm500.

Saw your bike get test ridden on Friday when I was in Meda.
Hope you are ready for the ride of your life. Vdue's are very addictive, ask 2bims , hardly ever use's his other bikes now .
Also brush up on your vdue knowledge, you are going to need it. Only have to stop for more than 30 seconds and there will be a crowd of people asking questions.

Enjoy Very Happy
mm500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so this is what I wil do:

-tighten the nuts and bolts
-check gear oil and coolant level
-adjust the oil pump after run in
-brush up on my V Due knowledge Smile

-check the 13mm bolt, is this a common problem?

what about the bearing on the clutch (sprang bearing)?
how long wil that last and what is the number on the bearing?

the bike is set up for the JM, how accurate do they tune the carbs?

anybody tried the a Flo-Commander on the V Due?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Mine lasted 3000 miles, its not the bearing but the tiny screws in the retainer that are not tight enough. To be honest they will come loose so if I had a new one I would replace them with an equivalent screw with an allan key socket head, and threadlock them in place. Mine have stayed in for the last 5000 miles. 2Bims and Vorts came loose very quickly.
As you ask the sprag bearing itself is a Ducati Monster with the rollers reversed!!
The carbs have different jets depending which cylinder they feed so don't mix them up. They are a poor fit on the manifold rubbers so check that the clips are tight while you have the fairing off. I've never fiddled with the set up on mine and its been fine and more than quick enough, and reliable!! If you don't find it quick enough buy BST wheels - its a different bike with them on and you wont blow it up.
Very Happy Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm500 wrote:
ok, so this is what I wil do:

-tighten the nuts and bolts
-check gear oil and coolant level
-adjust the oil pump after run in
-brush up on my V Due knowledge Smile

-check the 13mm bolt, is this a common problem?

what about the bearing on the clutch (sprang bearing)?
how long wil that last and what is the number on the bearing?

the bike is set up for the JM, how accurate do they tune the carbs?

anybody tried the a Flo-Commander on the V Due?

Yeh...thats about it from recollection....Piero never puts a bolt on the crankcase halves...13mm...use threaded rod cut to length or as I used.. a spare rear wheel spindle off a mountain bike...was right length also...this is at the top of the engine behind the vertical piston...its where a frame bolt was going to clamp the engine into place when this engine was first used in a Tesi Frame....so is now redundant in the Vdue frame...hole goes all the way through...so a nice to have a bolt in there to hold the crankcase halves together as it was originally intended....Disc bolts...front and rear were only finger tight on my My Vdue...and so were clip ons...just check the various critical ones...fork yolk, clip ons...brake calipers, wheel spindles etc...then crankcase bolts etc....Drain plug hex bolt was a turn and a halve loose on the bottom of my Dellorto carbs...and thus was weeping Oil/fuel...can get to them easy without stripping anything though...probably because the fibre washers are 15 years old....and check all electrics work...dont know what clocks yours has...if the led race style clocks you may find the odd LED not working...or like mine...the temperature gauge reads a digital 40 degrees all the time...so probably a bad earth somewhere or needs a new Temp gauge in the rad....We all swith off at the taps the Oil flow and disconnect the fuel lines when parking up for a a few days or more...never leave the Oil on unless youre running it...as it will keep running and running through the carbs...simple though...lift up the petrol tank, reach under the oil reservoir bottle at the front and you'll find the tap,,,turn it anticlockwise to turn off...and then leave the allen key in the oil resrvoir cap in the tank tto remind you you've switched it off...otherwise if you run it..it will go BANG...as happend to someone on here.... Wink Rolling Eyes

Check the dates on the tyres...they may be 15 years old...on left hand side there will be a 3 or 4 digit number stamped on each tyre....0612 means June 2012....0798 means July 1998....remember...these bikes started out in 1997...and have been in storage since then.

Other than that...run it...enjoy it...and never look back............highly addictive......... Laughing Very Happy
mm500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tips! Smile

does anything break when the retainer get loose?
what is the lenght of the 13mm bolt?

new tyres will be fitted and the wheels painted black before I drive it Smile
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, if the small screws unscrew the primary drive gear breaks them into tiny pieces and they end up in the gearbox, or on the magnetic drain plug. you will then also need a new primary drive gear at around €180!!!
there used to be a chap called Helmers on our old Vdue forum from Norway - he was always trying things out on his Vdue.!!
mm500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Helmers sold he's bike 3-4 years ago, I was thinking of buying it but ended up with a RS250 instead.
any suggestion where to get the clutch basket tool?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made mine out of a couple of old clutch plates welded to a length of steel bar - did the job perfectly well! shame about Helmers I always enjoyed his write up!!
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm500 wrote:
thanks for the tips! Smile

does anything break when the retainer get loose?
what is the lenght of the 13mm bolt?

new tyres will be fitted and the wheels painted black before I drive it Smile

Good move on the Anteras Front...when they are shiney black they do look a lot better.....

Cant recall the length of the bolt required...soz...but the spindle from a 9 cog rear sprocket mountain bike was spot on...and they measure around 140mm end to end...with clearance for nuts on each end

vort28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think your bike had a fuel tap on it so that will ease the pain in disconnecting the fuel pipes , and yeah the silver wheels .
I would save the cash from painting the Antera's and put it towards a lighter set of wheels . Turns the vdue from a great bike into a fantastic bike.

vort28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate

Last edited by vort28 on Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
mm500

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige: thanks for the tip with the clutch plates.

2 bims: your bike looks great! is it a EF?

vort28: would love to have some lightweight wheels, but
I just bought a set of OZ for my Aprilia and I can't justify spending £2200 on a set of BST's ....

What happend to the old forum? Does anybody have the old posts?
SB8R Tuner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort28, who's expansion chambers are on your bike? Do you have a pic of the chambers with the tail off? Id like to see how they fit!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: