Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bb1 wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort.....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Motogpdr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Bb1 wheels Reply with quote

Hello guys,

Does anyone know if the Antera wheels from a db4 will bolt onto a Supermono? Thanks for your help

Don
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to change the rotation of the rear tyre at least and rear sprocket, as its on the right side on BB1 and not the left like on the Db4....so down to spindle sie and spacers after that really.....
Motogpdr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Yes I figured we could flip the wheels. Will have to check on spacers. Does anyone know of other alternative wheels for the bb1? Thank s for your help....

Regards,

Don
Anders

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up front it's easy. Almost any wheel from a same-era Ducati or Bimota will fit, give or take some mm in spacer width. They even use (almost) identical brake disks.

At the rear, its more difficult. The db4 might fit if you flip it, I don't know (but I doubt it). Also remember that it's 1/2" wider. On my Supermono, going wider than 160 at he rear tire would make the tire hit the chain. And even the OEM 5" rim is perhaps on the wide side for a 160 tire.

I fitted a pair of PVM wheels off a Ducati TT2 racer. The front was stright forward, just had to turn some spacers.
The rear was not easy, could not flip it, according to PVM. Hence I had to make a sprocket carrier to fit to the brake disk side and a brake disk to fit to the procket carrier side (removed the PVM carrier of course). A lot of work and it took its time. But the result is a loss of several kilos in unsprung wheight, and a Supermono that handles a lot better than before Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> BB Series / Vort..... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: