Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Ducati DB4ie injected ECU??????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polyesterpig

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Ducati DB4ie injected ECU?????? Reply with quote

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know which ducati ecu is used on the 2000 DB4IE? It is either the weber iaw15m.a0 or the iaw15m.a8. Since Bimota removed all info on the ecu I can't tell which ecu they used. Unfortunately they are not interchangeable. Also was it a super sport or a monster ecu? And last, which power commander model number are you using?
2010 Ducati Hypermotard evo SP
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosto
Corona

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall have a look at mine to be sure. I have used the ecu from a 900 monster that has a sport map on it but the results were not impressive, it ran ok but felt underpowered. I am also using a commander 3 usb that was for a guzzi (they use the same ecu) and copied a map to it from the power commander site for a tuned 900ss again not so good doing on the fly, when the weather improves the dyno calls but in the meantime I will get my backside into the garage and find the numbers and take some pics. Hopefully this may save you some legwork. I am trying to interrogate the ecu ( hence the £50 ebay job) with and old laptop to see if I can access/copy the map using ducatidiag before trying it on the Bimota ecu. Been working away for the last 8 months and maybe for the next month or so but the bike is due for a belt change and valve clearances when I get the time.
polyesterpig

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corona
Currently working on the ecu issue. Did you use the Monster a0 ecu or the a8 ecu? My dyno guy gave up and I took the bike back. I am going thru the harness and the Bimota pin locations are different than the Ducati Monster and 900ss ecu's! Both the a0 & a8. The bike would start and rev, but when tuning the pc3, weird things were happening and a decent map couldn't be created. My goal is to wire the harness exactly the same a 2001 Ducati 900ss. This involves moving the pins in the wiring harness. Only a couple are different. This would make it much easier to replace an ecu. I am also looking into a tuning program called TuneBoy instead of using the power commander 3.
2010 Ducati Hypermotard evo SP
2000 Bimota DB4ie BiPosto
Corona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, sorry for the time taken on this. Fix this, sort that yada yada, I tried an IAW15M.A8 ecu Ducati performance number 96504600B. Wasn't aware of pin issues Confused as I haven't spent the time on it as yet. Stuart at Nth Leicester M Cycles would propably have a better idea but I'm scraping the barrel with that one. They have told me that they have ecu maps that have been used for racing/tuning and the like but the pricing seemed steep and the work a bit vague.
Corona

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECU number

connector to ecu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: