Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Delivery of my V Due from Italy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ask the seller for more details....the last Vdues out from Piero could have come with whatever you wanted...or whatever he had left.....dont be thinking that colours of wheels make a difference between models.........The last EF versions are 125/130HP versions...if fitted with the Jolly moto pipes and if the ECU has been mapped for them...and if they ahve the oversize carbon airboxes on them...one each side of the fairing for each carb..........You might not feel much difference between the 2 models...HP isnt everything...certainly not with a 2-stroke...its all about the way it gets down the road when the powerband kicks in

This is pieros Vdue site that tells you the differences between the models...the Last EF versions are said to be "not for road use" but have been road registered in UK as they dont test for emissions on 2-strokes when registering.......

http://www.vdue.it/eng/racing.htm

Again.ask the seller if the bike comes with the JM pipes...if standard pipes...which have twin sound and power deadening mid cans under the seat...and 2 slingshot side cans...then the ECU would need remapping........so he should be selling it with the JM's or he is looking for more money to include them (1500-2000 euros is the cost for them...)
JRH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike looks like it has the last belly pan on, the one that clears the air boxes. As 2 Bims says, ignore the wheels, it looks like an EF......
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You "in" for a vented Carbon clutch cover JRH? Sent you a pm.......with price...........just checking with Vort as he was after one also.........
JRH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍 I'll have one.
Matty82

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just seen my first v-due in the flesh an it's not a disappointment. So excited, now to sort a space in the garage Smile
JRH

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a track day on mine yesterday, now I want a 2nd one))))
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty82 wrote:
Wow, just seen my first v-due in the flesh an it's not a disappointment. So excited, now to sort a space in the garage Smile

Did you go and see the one for sale on Ebay Matty?

As JRH has evidently been out on a track day on his.......Vort has been riding around North Wales on his Vdue...and I've just come back from Rivington Barn on mine..............
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty82 wrote:

Hi Matty, BAD move going to see one !!!! Shocked No one ever returned from looking without giving over wad's of cash.

As 2bims sort of said, there ain't no real difference to the main engine from a late E to a late trofeo or EF. The main difference is in the carbs/pipe and ECU with the ECU being Piero only and to be honest he's the best price for the pipes also. You can just send the carbs and ECU back but the best idea is to have the bike sent and sorted out.
On the EF spec, there is no exact spec as such, again as others have suggested it is what is left or at hand. I know a few people with EF10's and they are all slightly different in the detail.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARBON Vented Clutch covers for Bimota Vdue..........

Ok guys.....When I first asked Armin a price he was quoting 149 euros a piece...as they are made as one-offs....I have now gone back to him asking for a price for 4 or 5 of them...Dingbat, MM500, JRH, meself and maybe Vort...and whether he can take the Tax off as I am VAT registered...so maybe they will be a bit cheaper...when he comes back to me I will post up here again and confirm one final order.....I normally have to pay a bank fee to transfer from GBP to Euros...and there will be postage from GErmany to my home......but a group buy evidently brings this down for all.....
Weed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
CARBON Vented Clutch covers for Bimota Vdue..........

Ok guys.....When I first asked Armin a price he was quoting 149 euros a piece...as they are made as one-offs....I have now gone back to him asking for a price for 4 or 5 of them...Dingbat, MM500, JRH, meself and maybe Vort...and whether he can take the Tax off as I am VAT registered...so maybe they will be a bit cheaper...when he comes back to me I will post up here again and confirm one final order.....I normally have to pay a bank fee to transfer from GBP to Euros...and there will be postage from GErmany to my home......but a group buy evidently brings this down for all.....

I'll stick my hand up for 1 to 2bims
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone
Yep you're right, once you see a v due, you want a v due. Like a few of you boys I have the last of the RS250 Aprilia (03) but will sell it as it otherwise I won't have time to ride the Bimota Sad
I'm weighing up between trying to get the FI sorted on the early model (an fit JM pipes ( could be harder than trying to turn water into wine.) Or just getting the E with the wider body, not my favourite part of the bike (mind you I settled for a wider wife) at least it will deffo work. Any advice ??? About the bikes or wife would be warmly received.
Also these clutch covers, needed for my new bike?
Cheers
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest FI's do run and in the words of Piero ' I have known FI's to run for many miles' , the main issue they suffer from is computing power. The mechanical side of things have been greatly improved, as has the ECU code but the physical speed and data storage of the ECU's is the issue now I believe.
Piero told me the FI had to be reset after every ride as they ran out of memory space after about 500-800 miles at which point it was battery of for 30 minutes or so.
Also think fitting Jolly's to an FI is probably more of a pain than fitting to carbs and not like the FI goes for peanuts.
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there anyone on here that can say their FI runs well enough now (with some mods) to be any sense. I would have thought someone would have cracked this by now!!!
There is a working Yamaha YZ250 with DI in Australia and I believe the Suter 500 V4, which is a different beast altogether Smile
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends what you mean by working. I have ridden a sorted FI one , and it was OK , but not the same as my EF10 .

All depends what you want it for ? To look at ? As an investment ? to put in the lounge ? or to ride ????? or to play with to get it running properly ? the usage will possibly dictate the model.

I could be proved wrong BUT nearly everyone on here who runs a vdue has an Jolly EF10 , certainly the ones I know anyway.
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi vort
Well I kinda want everything in your second paragraph, ha. What was your thoughts on the FI compared to you're EF?
Liking the name, Jolly EF10's
Soon....... Very soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: