Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Pegaso readout adjusting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: Pegaso readout adjusting Reply with quote

I changed the neg batt lead and when I started it up the readout had switched to klics! i managed to get it back to MPH, but i'n not very clear on how I got it working. I turned on the ignition and held down the two buttons at the bottom of the display, without starting the engine. About 5 seconds later the display changed to EU. I pressed the left button and it changed to USA. this got me back to mph, but them I couldn't get the display to change again. Random poking and switching caused the display to eventually work normally.
Does anyone know what is possible with this bit of gear, and how to make it do what it is supposed to do?
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've just about found the limits and full extent of the white faced clocks unit........disconnecting the battery lead and they always revert back to KMs.....and pressing the 2 buttons leads to the Eu Euro...or US miles.......and thats the limit of the function of simultaneously pressing the buttons........There is a trip computer on them that can be reset...and a clock....and thats it.........the buttons are a bit finnicky and can play up though

Koso clocks are similar....but have a lap timer also when the engine is started the start button can be held and the lap timer comes on........also the Koso clocks have a red "spanner" that comes on after 1000kms and more indicating a service is due......and this can be reset by holding the starter button down for 15 seconds........but thats the limit with those clocks also........Koso clocks do have more functions....but they are disabled before Bimota fit them.......Air and Oil temp can be there...but Bimota just use the air temp part...water temp can be there...but all bikes they fit them to are air cooled...so disabled again.......and Koso clocks can change colours also.....but again disabled for Bimota........the actual mileage on both sets of clocks though is stored in the unit and does not come from the ECU...thus taking them off or resetting etc means the mileage is still there.......the ECu when interrogated on both models with different clocks can give you the running time in hours and minutes of both units ECU's...which is a good check against the mileage......
CNC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike,

Pegaso is very sensitive for quick on/off switching... so whatever you do give it a time to be on few seconds and also off few seconds. Think of computer that is constantly switch on off with startup procedure not finished yet. I found out this during bad battery... So give it a time and it will work ok...
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But first and foremost....think of it as it is...Italian Electrics.......full of Gremlins and Odds Bodkins.....a mind of their own...precotious, tempermental and not likened to be played with...treat with kid gloves and pray lots on bended knee and you'll be fine..........
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, guys. When I was trying to get back to a normal display I had something appear that was R something something, butt it didn't seem to lead anywhere.
When I shut off last night all seemed normal, and when I went out to the bike this morning 3 of the idiot lights were illuminated! Cycling the ignition seemed to extinguish them.
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: