Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Vented Carbon fibre clutch covers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dingbat....and apologies as I started this one off....and then got stalled as Chris F in Cornwall was going to ask his carbon/bodywork man if he could make up a mould any cheaper....and then evidently dissappeared like I did also....Problem i was having was laying out nearly 1500 euros for the amount of people that wanted one......I'll try Armin again as evidently he does have a contact with a mould...and re-check prices etc....

Know what you mean about the clutch...mine became so bad before I went to the Manx TT on it that I wouldnt pull up at the front of lights...tried anything but actually stopping etc...and was having to run more and more revs to get it off the line....

Before the Manx though I popped in a brand new clutch pack...and...well suffice to say I'm in love with it again.....can get off the line at 2 thou and above as opposed to 4-5 thou that I was getting to....It does seem that theres an issue with the design with clutch pad material becoming ingrained into the plates...not helped by the fact that the friction material is one complete continuous ring of material and not small square blocks with gaps in between to allow used material to escape.....

So I'll try once again as theres a few newbies on here again with Vdues so will start up a new post and get some numbers...
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, you may know this or not but MDI carbon parts in the USA do these's an I've just seen there's a sale on. They also do a few other carbon parts for the vdue too ( all on a sale.) I'll see if this photo will load
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right forget photo, it's $74 instead of $87
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good find Matty....although as you found out....theres no picture...so not sure if its vented or not....but would be easy enough to drill a few vents through it I suppose...
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thought exactly 2bims. I've emailed them for pictures of their vdue carbon parts Smile
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Matty...I was going to do likewise....but then if they get loads of requests at once they may well remove the discount.....I see they offer 4 types of quill/finish also....
mm500

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'am trying to buy the MDI CF clutch cover but
the price is $153 on the checkout page.
Anybody else having the same problem?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you click "add to cart" it then revises the price down to $73.95...and then you need to add shipping address for price for that.......Then for the UK it adds $29 for postage.........
Matty82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've asked them to get back to me with pictures and a better price if bought in bulk, an they're working on that now. Up to you guys if you wonna hang on, I should know in the next day or so
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll hang on Matty....I just went through the process of adding to cart and checking postage etc first as someone had said it was showing $170 or somesuch...which it was until you added to cart...but I havent checked out as I would prefer it to be vented rather than me drilling large circular holes in a nice new shiney carbon cover.....
mm500

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news?
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, but it's not great Sad they sent me a bad photo of the original cover.
They say as it's a new product they haven't got one to take photos of. Also there no mention of it being vented. Or a discount if bought on bulk.
Fecking useless springs to mind Sad
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better news.
They say now I've asked they will work on a vented clutch cover Smile
This is good, I won't know too much more till the prototype has been made, however it's deffo a step in the right direction. Looks like it might make a good stocking filler, ha

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/uploadimagedisplay.php?imageid=75X667A205
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May need help with this photo stuff???
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can email me pictures if you want them uploading....It may be quite neat to just go for a simple slash cut vented unit like Bimota already use on DB5/6/7/Tesi....with perhaps the odd fixing bolt strategically removed/not used so that the clutch cover can be removed without faffing around taking the airbox off to get at that one or 2 bolts that cant be extracted otherwise...I even have spare Bimota frame plugs/roundels that I'd fit in the centre to give originality look
(pm sent for emailing of picture)

The below design still lets crud out and with the fairing guards against water ingress whilst keeping it cool also...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: