Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

VDUE in PB

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: VDUE in PB Reply with quote

Latest copy of PB (may) , just dropped through my door.5 page write up on an RD500 with vdue body work saying it is the only time you will see a vdue run and then a page about some 2-stroke chap , Craig Widdowson, with a Vdue -corse who says there is only a few in the UK and unlike the others his actually runs ???????
He obviously has never been on the forum then ???????? Muppet.
stockcar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing how many "experts" there are in all walks of life....... Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost my faith in Journos reports and stories some time ago.......If they got out of their offices occassionally and visited some bike shows......they'd see that you can turn up at places where 4 No. Vdues are running and on the road.... Shocked
dingbat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: running v due Reply with quote

Hi all, as of now looks like I can add mine to the list of "running v dues". Initial bugs fixed, mostly I think as a result of being stored from 1993 along with some issues associated with having been put together by hand (!) Re the Journo issues ; It always makes me smile when expert people who have been brought up on a diet of "UJM fourstrokes" are surprised to find when they test a two stroke that it does'nt behave like an R1 ! On the subject of the v due - is now running strong and smooth through 300 miles with the Castrol TTS synthetic (swear by it !) well established in the engine. Now much sweeter and cleaner with every passing mile. Wont be long now ! Hope it stops raining ! Very Happy

Last edited by dingbat on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 am; edited 3 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know you are getting out and about and its getting sweeter and cleaner.....which is normally helped by the introduction period of knowing how to ride them to get the best from them....Where you been with it? and are you getting lots of attention and having to tell folk all about it where ever you stop?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig is on the forum I believe, he's the chap I p/x'd my RG500 with. He knows there are plenty out there running so am sure it's journo rubbish. If not I'm most disappointedin him!!!!
dingbat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: vdues and iconic jap two strokes Reply with quote

Hi all - I guess most all of v due owners are two stroke nuts who have graduated from the japanese strokers due to the demise of the two stroke and who probably have owned most all of them over the years. Remember all the bugs - for example - two stage power bands with big gaps between them (RG500) Then the RD 500's with low throttle carburation which caused fairing mount cracking rough running until you sorted it out ? First model RD350LC's carburation until the carbs were replaced or modified to name but a few. I think maybe that the last few models of Suzuki RGV 250 motors were about the most refined of all with the vacuum controlled slow running carburation, two stage powervalve and powerjet flatslide type carbs ? We all wanted a v due when they first came out - but few were brave enough to do it ! The v due after a bit of experiment feels pretty much the same as my" breathed on" RS 250 Aprilia but obviously with lots more power. In return for this though you have to look after her carefully to keep her in top fettle, feed her with the best available sustenance and put up with a few foibles all of which is forgotten when you open that throttle on a twisty road. ! But of course - the icing on the cake - she's an Italian two stroke - so dont forget she will probably let you down sooner or later anyway and it'll cost a small fortune to fix ! Thats if you can still get the spares........................... Wink

Last edited by dingbat on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:14 am; edited 19 times in total
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Japanese were getting to grips with the 2 strokes towards the end….
I've got an as new, NSR250 MC28, it rides like a modern bike, with wonderful fuelling. It handles like my VDue, but doesn't go like it!!!
And it lacks the Italian bike 'wow' factor…..
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or more correctly...the "Bimota Italian factor"......But for sure...the engines the real "jewel"....well...when they are working that is.... Laughing
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just come back from a good run on mine, and never stopped grinning all the way))))) OK, so it doesn't like steady throttle at around 4 or 5 k, but it runs perfectly everywhere else. Handles as sharp as any bike on the road, and behaved perfectly..... Mine must be the only one))))))))))))
dingbat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi JRH - just got back from a good run on mine this afternoon too - racing the shower clouds ! Mine now has about 370 miles - doesnt like steady throttle at about 4800 - 5300 or so either and is especially unhappy at about 5250 according to the revcounter - about 80mph in top now - according to the speedo (!) and like yours, seems fine everywhere else. Thers a few things to look at here I think.I got lulled into false sense of security after riding it on Saturday - cold day - ran fine. Then today around 20c and nice and humid - running a bit rough, seems to be running a bit on the rich side.Needs a visit to the dyno I think. Will get some time on it when time permits after mine is run in - at the moment oil all over rear number plate after 25 miles or so which I think is way overboard so will be looking at that tomorrow. Also using huge amounts of fuel and this is from someone who also rides a Kawa 750 triple with a Paul Gast 90 bhp rear wheel horsepower tune and 34mm powerjet mikunis on it ! Other bike owners at the pub today saying they'd never seen a v due before. I think I have a few ideas why ! I'll look forward to seeing what can be done to improve it, at least it should be easier than trying to do the same thing with a fuel injected bike !
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear so many of those unridable vdues have made it out over the Easter W/E. Unfortunately mine was not one of them as had to make a choice and SB8K won !! Shocked
Anyway, all vdues are delivered running VERY rich on the oil side, oil pump of the RHS of engine behind the airbox. Generally find you can get it no where near the timing lines as the adjuster hits the cam first, but put mine about half way benn delivered position and recommend position. Think 2bims is in a bout the same place, not sure of JRH.
widmyster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all and hope you had a good xmas nige your right the article was a fing joke i never said any of the crud printed only that the stats of the rd500 what had been done the bloke was having a laugh he said i slated the fuel injected one and i didnt as i never rode it to have an opinion on it then he bloody crashed it ...still they paid all repair costs and i get i lifes free subscription to a crap magazine never mind onece bitten oh ive finished the rg5000 run it in the engine is a credit to you nige
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: