Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

TT week - Just 7 weeks away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey...speak for yourself...If I'm paying for the privilege of having someone cooking my breakfast for me this time...I'll be eating it...or at least ordering it.......If they serve up until 9.30/10ish...then we just get up early for a couple of swift laps and then back in time for breakfast...smoke me a kipper......... Laughing
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
If they serve up until 9.30/10ish...then we just get up early for a couple of swift laps and then back in time for breakfast

Good! you can tell me all about your early laps over brekkie............ Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give over Matey...you'll be up bright and breezy....having brekkie...then out for a few laps and swift enough to get back for another brekkie I'm sure....

Oh...congrats on the recent transplant........hope theres no setbacks or rejection Shocked
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay you will be up and done two laps before they have had time to re- polish their bikes and remove the marks from the morning dew which will have long evaporated.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the quantity of alcohol consumed the night before, Nige - I don't do early mornings after a good session on the beer Very Happy
Already packed my OCD filters and a spare tin of Mr Sheen for 2Bims Wink
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Geekay....a spare can of Mr Sheen is always welcome Laughing Might have to alternate my nights on the beer seeing as Vort is tea total...but not to worry...Vorts other half is more than partial to a tipple to keep you company.........unfortunately that model comes without baffles to slot in place to keep the noise down...so bring your own ear plugs........ Laughing Shocked
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can taste the Bud already Smile)

me too...................... Very Happy
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Vorts other half Shocked

you never mentioned there were girlies on this trip - I'll be up and gone early morning..................
Doesn't drink AND takes his woman to the IOM - sheesh - what next?.......................
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
2bims wrote:
Vorts other half Shocked

you never mentioned there were girlies on this trip - I'll be up and gone early morning..................
Doesn't drink AND takes his woman to the IOM - sheesh - what next?.......................

Hasn't 2bims told you !!!!! You are the only one taking a 2 seater so you got a passenger !!!! and it ain't me Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why I've got you coming Geekay...as my "other half" I'll be sure to keep you company in the beer garden at the front watching the world go by...and at least we are a teensy tiny walk to either the local offy...or the action on the Front.........Just do like Vort does...when she starts jabbering just pretend shes not there Laughing

Shes not on the ferry either end...her ladyship likes to fly in and fly out....
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GK You just lucky that 2Bims is a gentleman and doesn't believe in sharing rooms before marriage , or you would have been in a far different situation!!

Bloody ell, the girlie been downgraded from Her Royal Highness to her Ladyship !!!!!! There is going to be consequences Shocked

You live on the edge 2bims !!!!!
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well an excellent couple of days on the Isle of Man with 2Bims on 2 DB2's doing what they're made for Smile . Tarmac all repaired ready for the TT, no plods to hassle you and empty roads - excellent. Few pics to follow . Hi to Ade - good to meet you.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the invite nige...a swell weekend, riding and fixing bikes...empty, dry roads, full warm pubs, ice cold beers and ice cream, checked out the quids in bar on douglas sea front, that place is like the galapagos islands....totally unique and weird species never seen before....pictures to follow when not on mobile...oh..hi aide, twas good to meet up
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Promised......a few Quick Snap Shots of a recent blast around the Isle of Man Pre TT week......nice quiet empty roads...less speed restrictions..and happy that I finally have taken my First Bimota to its rightful stomping ground........an ideal tool for the twisty tight roads of the Isle of Man....with enough grunt and handling to really put a smile on your face......

Pitching up at Liverpool waiting for the Ferry and Nige to arrive...blessed with glorious sunshine.........

The Famous Liver Building

Some new Museum in L'pool....

Arty shot...taking a lie down in the midday sun......... Laughing

Late night arrival at Digs for the weekend in Douglas...sandwiches waiting for us on arrival with much needed coffee.....Cheers Irene.......

Meeself and BimotaNige did a quick lap of the circuit.....and me poor old Db2 started suffering hiccups.........Bad Fuel? Blocked carbs? problem came worse and I ended up on one cylinder...a Bimota Supermono....... Crying or Very sad

Was over near Ramsey so popped into Evotech to try some new plugs...who led us to this place who had some in stock.....both places nice fellows lending plug sockets and tools whilst a quick strip and source issue went on with the DB2

New plugs fitted...rear cylinder plug was black and smelt of fuel...front grey/whiteish...no problems.....Poor running still evident...remade plug connector end...Nope..still same...traced wires to Coils...and one fell off in Niges hands..........nice feloows down there lent us wire strippers and connectors.......remade ends...quick test run...wayhey....2 cylinders again..Job done..Bodywok back on and off to see Aidie whos rebuilding a YB8.Cheers also Nige for assistance and patience.......No Top Gear rules here of leaving a stricken fellow at the roadside..........thankfully....

Off down to Port Erin for ice cream..had to wait for "rozzers" to go in and have lunch before we beat a retreat with our small number plates and open race systems...but to be frank they didnt seem to care anyhow.......

Crag Ny baa for more coffee....plump safety barriers now in place

Start Finish line in Douglas.........

Down into Douglas to sort out a few other ferry crossings and change dates

Up early the next day...despite perhaps one too many scoops of beer the previous night....cooler fresher day but still dry...and empty empty roads all the day long....went deep south down to Calve island to do some seal watching and more coffee...must have more coffee.......need caffeine....

Lovely new cafe overlooking the sea...time for hot chocolate as the midday sun was still sleeping in...and had to give time for the mountain cloud to clear before one last blast over the top....as it was completely shrouded.......

Now I kind of Forget where I was by this time....but it was time for the last coffee before the last blast over the mountain course...before sadly having to head back to the ferry for hometime...Ah well...on the bright side we're back again in 2 weeks for TT proper......... Laughing Laughing

bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's in Ramsey Smile, great little cafe. awesome run back over the Mountain, no restrictions to having a full on blast down to the Creg and right down to Hillberry - maxed it out in 6th and handled superb - Maxton do an ace job! Shocked Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: