Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

TT week - Just 7 weeks away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNC wrote:
Great pictures!!! A little envy... Wink

Hello CNC...long time no hear....you been busy?

Well at least you were over on the island last year and I'm sure you'll be back again if not this year at least....so....I presume the bad weather and Snow has dissappeared from your homeland....so....been out on the DB7???? Whats your opinion? Piccies please??? Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
You guys SO suck!! You get so much cool stuff over there it makes me want to cry!!

Cheers Spike...are you on about the isle of Man being cool or the bikes?

If its the bikes...well yeh...we are a bit lucky to have them....especially as we are such a small island relatively...and these Db2's are 2 of only 3 that I know of in existence in England....I think theres one in Scotland as well...but that is a different country........

Twas nice to take the two bikes over...the tri-color Db2 was my first Bimota...or at least my first Bimota that I;d ever ridden as I bought a YB11 at the same time from the same seller..but both were none runners at the time...and the DB2 got up and running first...and I'd always wanted to take it to the Island to see how it went.......

We had a little game of swopsy on both bikes to see how the other one was......Whilst they are both DB2's from Bimota...both have been heavily modified from factory standard.......and are a far cry from the original 900SS engine donor that were originally in them....Both have big Bore 944cc kits, Keihin FCR41 flatslides, stage 2 cams, gas flowed polished heads, quarter turn throttles......and both have straight through enlarged exhaust systems......

We each thought that our own bike was either the loudest or the quickest or stopped the best.....although I have to say that Niges DB2 had a better suspension set up that squatted the bike down nicely and evened out all the lumpy bits on the Isle's roads.....

As far as the bikes go....the wheels, discs, calipers, frame and bodywork are standard...but thats about it....A dream to ride on the island...plenty of torque for the uphill and straight sections...both pushing out around 90-95bhp at the back wheel...and a dry weight of 169kilos...pretty much all you need on the island to have such fun.........

Anyhow...we're back with others in less than 2 weeks...so more piccies and updates then Laughing
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
You guys SO suck!! You get so much cool stuff over there it makes me want to cry!!

Spike we don't send pictures of the other 364 days of the year when its pouring with rain!!!!
CNC

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

Hello CNC...long time no hear....you been busy?

Well at least you were over on the island last year and I'm sure you'll be back again if not this year at least....so....I presume the bad weather and Snow has dissappeared from your homeland....so....been out on the DB7???? Whats your opinion? Piccies please??? Very Happy

Steve sorry... I'm have no time at all... So much is happening right now.

This year I didn't plan to go to TT - I'm in Singapore at that time. But for sure... next seasons... When I'll have some time I'll prepare full DB7 report Embarassed

Enjoy TT as much as you can!!!
brian

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Spike... you guys suck Laughing

Nice pics and looks like you scored some nice weather. I hope the TT week is nice weather too.

Both db2's look sweet
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only 4 days to go to TT.
New rucksack arrived, new helmet for Mrs V , WHAT, no bike ???? Mrs V forgot that when she forced me to sell the DB5S last year it was the only 2seater I had !!!! Permission from household management to purchase another 2 seater !!! what a plan !!!! Very Happy
CNC

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
WHAT, no bike ???? Mrs V forgot that when she forced me to sell the DB5S last year it was the only 2seater I had !!!! Permission from household management to purchase another 2 seater !!! what a plan !!!! Very Happy

Other solution is whole new bike just for her... Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hmmm.......... You read my mind, but only one bike ferry ticket this year Sad so vdue has to stay at home .
2Bim 's has kindly stepped upto the plate though and lent me his DB6. Shocked

What a nice man Laughing and its only cost me a vdue carbon gear change rod Laughing
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hmmm.......... You read my mind, but only one bike ferry ticket this year Sad so vdue has to stay at home .
2Bim 's has kindly stepped upto the plate though and lent me his DB6. Shocked

What a nice man Laughing and its only cost me a vdue carbon gear change rod Laughing
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh...what a nice man....just have to wait and see that GeeKay makes it across in one piece or it may be DB2/4 also going over....just call be Rent-A-Bim.........

Carbon rod in exchange for hire? As long as its for the Vdue and not some demand from Mrs Vort ...I suppose I can go along with that..... Laughing I know what shes like after half a glass of cheap cider........
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Carbon rod in exchange for hire?

I did think of other things to compensate you , and yes the glass of cider is cheaper than the carbon rod, but then it is 5 days I need the bike for so 5 glasses of cider= 1 carbon rod
GeeKay

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I can put the dual seat back on the Mantra now? Confused

Mantra had its new rear sprocket fitted last night, along with its last ever tax disc, so is all set to go now. Just the luggage to sort.
vort28

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Mantra's have a sofa and wood sideboard as standard Shocked !!! surely there is a wardrobe and set of draws lurking in there somewhere !!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:

Mantra had its new rear sprocket fitted last night, along with its last ever tax disc, so is all set to go now. Just the luggage to sort.

Good to hear...so is its test run this friday on its way over to mine then?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new tyre fitted, chain lubed, oil checked - 1 more sleep to go!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: