Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

TT week - Just 7 weeks away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tesikwak

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy yourselves and keep safe !! Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud977 wrote:
Is it madness and carnage when the public is let loose on the track?

Its not that bad, think in the past when the mountain was only 1 way for mad sunday, it was indeed that, and then people trying to get clear laps on other days and hitting oncoming traffic.

Please do fly though, I sort of set myself a 120mph limit over the mountain. People came past me like I was standing still , unbelievable but definately one for your bucket list.

Oh they do the Southern 100 also, shorter curcuit , and set off in butches like the Northwest200.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I've been prepping myself for tomorrow am's set off for the Ferry..and spent some time fettling this that turned up fresh from Italy yesterday........Not for myself but someones Lucky lucky wife......she has a license to ride a bike...but no bike...and seeing as she's insistent again this year in returning to the isle of Man as a pillion passenger...some nice guy on here has bought her this so she can ride herself next year....... Laughing

Or is this some covert secret sneaky plan to say "well theres your bike...take that...and then I can take a much preffered choice of single seaters...or you can just stay at home and mind the kids/dogs and get some ironing done......."

Votes out on this one but considered responses are welcomed from all...... Laughing

and here she is undergoing her first UK MOT.....no reg plate allowed until DVLA registration...but legal to ride to garage...oh sweet......speed cameras blitz time...you cant catch me.......... Laughing

2bims

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately no such worries for meself...bike of choice this year..........all packed and ready for the off......1 spare t-shirt grundies and socks.....and a raft of spare tools, parts, fuses, tape, cable wraps etc etc etc...didnt leave much room for anything else in the bag......... Laughing

pray for dry weather...pray for dry weather...or poor Italian electrics...dont fail me now..... Laughing Shocked
vort28

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tools !!!!!! ou saying this bike you lent me might break down ????? Nothing was said about that !!!
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the tools it cannot break down.
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too true spike...well 3 bimotas have at least made it to the ferry, for isle of man...so only a sinking stopping us from getting there.....?
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fantastic racing yesterday, enjoy........
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well..
All 3bims still running, ramsey sprint today and a meet with jrh on his mondial piega...and assorted nutters on benellis....mountain road all fogged out in cloud...a real pea souper and grouse running across the road...jeeso..
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectating from School House corner, and we are in a nice lady's garden !!!
Unbelievable speed, and using the layby on the exit!!!!
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:

How do you find these tank bags Steve? I always thought about getting one but worry about the tank getting scratched.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....for 3 bimota riders on the island...the funs nearly over...last day today...but that does mean home time and ability to post lots of piccies for everyone.... Laughing five of us met up at the italian owners bike meet on the train station platform in port erin yesterday...lots of wonderful italian bikes down there, jrh, glen, bimota nige, vort, geekay, good to meet up....and some lucky bimota owner won second prize....some 1950's ducati single cylinder trailie thing taking first prize....although that was trailered to the event...so not a true entrant really....
Wink been a great time, and thanks to all who came and their company...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="brian"]
2bims wrote:

How do you find these tank bags Steve? I always thought about getting one but worry about the tank getting scratched.

Well the tank bags are Oxford...they come with a magnetic base...but evidently useless for any Bimota tank as they are either ally or plastic....I cut to fit a sheet of rubber matting, anti-slip stuff that is a woven mesh of rubber...intended to be put under rugs on tiled or wooden floors to stop them slipping...works well.
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

repeat

Last edited by 2bims on Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...a few of the boys are back from the island....all in one piece...riders and bikes.......thats Geekay, meself and Vort....JRH, BimotaNige still over there...as is a Db10....also spotted were a KB1 being ridden around and an Sb6.........

And seeing as I'm back home it must be pictures time......... Laughing

Ferry at heyshem...waiting for the last few bikers to board

And arrival at chosen destination and deliverer of bed, beer and food...on the sea front in Douglas...a mere half a mile from the ferry port....no undergound car-park or garage...merely street parking only...complete with exposure to vagueries of british weather...Oh Err...Italian electrics and possible rain....

Well it looks like a nice day so far.....so bags dropped off and off to Ramsey for the sprint they have over there...tuned dragbike Hayabusas...etc etc...

Although it did start to look a little cloudy later on in Douglas...the first signs of rain to come

On a nice day it should look like this...

Low cloud over the mountain at Ramsey...start of the mountain stretch of the track...yes somewhere in that blanket of cotton wool there is a mountain circuit stretch of the track........the only bit thats unrestricted for speed limits for the general public....

Then it was a dodgy run across the mountain whilst it was still open...viz down to 50 yards or so...not so much fog or mist...as it was Cloud.....

This is Cragg-ny=ba looking up to what should be craven cottage...but its shrowded in cloud

On a normal Day...or rather an exceptionally Good British Summers Day...it should look like this...

The pub was doing a roaring trade...as it was pretty cold for some given it was supposed to be Summer....

And there was a Funky Ducato Paso there...with an owner with a sense of humour....

Refreshed with Coffee...it was head for the pits and a walk around the paddock....weather a lot fairer in Douglas for Sure....

A Random picture of a Barry sheene GT750 Kettle...also suffering the vagueries of the british weather being parked outside the Hotel...

Another day...another dollar....sat up at the Cragg for first lap of the race...then set off for the west of the island to explore the empty roads that are created when the races are on.......Going back to an old haunt of GeeKay...where he used to stay on the island...fans of "Father Ted" will recognise the true "isolation"........

Must be toilet time for Geekay..........

Yes...this place can be rented by bikers...kind of a youth Hostel accommodating up to 20...

Back to another race day and better weather...and the Tuesday scheduled Bimota meet at the Craven at Ballough Bridge....supposed to be a free day...but weather cancelling races meant the schedule went out of the window......

Good to meet up with Glenn and his Db10 Bimota Supermotard...a real nice fellow....offering free rides of his bike to all and sundry...much appreciated...

Last edited by 2bims on Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: