Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

TT week - Just 7 weeks away
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glen....Vort and Geekay....4bims out and about together...must try for more.......... Laughing

Racing was delayed for some 2.5 hrs...due to 3 separate crashes by Joe Public on the road prior to it being closed for the race...so meself and geekay headed off to the North of the island....and started to realise that potentially over the course of 5 days we could ride every stetch of the coastline...and hit every marked town also on our map...a mission...wonderful

Yes...a bit of fun with pebbles on the beach to leave our mark....surely Bimota should be paying us for all this free advertising....

Geekay checking out another Hayabusa.....a big fan of them...and 2-strokes...or just anything with 2-wheels...excepting Hondas that is...

One of the most scenic Toilet blocks I've ever had the pleasure to frequent....

A quick Bob down into Ramsey for a spot of lunch

Then its time to go back round the island to Laxey....

Back down into Douglas and the tall ships are coming in....more tourists...twas strange this year...seemed to be more folk coming over jsut to watch...and less actual bikers...or at least bikers on bikes....other wise not really a biker????

Then it was time for a quick change and a coffee for yet another Bimota meet up at Port Erin.....where they close the steam train station for the night...and open up the platform merely for Italian motorbikes for an inpromptu meet

They pin these notices in the apparently Famed "Three P's"....Pubs.....Petrol Stations...and Pissers...(Toilets)....apparently these being the most frequented places for all bikers...needing food, beer, petrol..and a place to get rid of 2 of them.... Laughing

Down on the platform of the train station....where BimotaNige was there with Mel and his YB11...Glen and his Db10, Me, Geekay and Vort with DB5R, DB3 and Db6R...JRH didnt bring his V-due...but did bring nis Mondial Piega........and twas great to meet up with all and other Italian Bike fans down there...
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And heres a selection of Italian bikes down at the Port Erin Italian Motorcycle Owners Club Meet.....

Unbeknownst to meself...apparently there was a competition for "Best Bike" and me Db5R picked up 2nd place..........must try and practice my "Happy Face" a little more...seems to be lacking the Happy element.... Shocked

Methinks the Judge was a bit of a Ducati Fan...shame really as there were lots of other more worthy contenders down there...Benellis...MV Agustas, Mondial, Laverda, Moto-Guzzi etc......

Some 1950's Ducati Mecannica trailie bike won first bike....should have lodged a complaint as it was trailered there and away...as was the Mv-Agusta.....but due to a techincality....it was the IMOC...and not the Italian Motorcycle Riders Owners Club...it would have fell on deaf ears.... Laughing

Twas a good night though...they opened the Victorian Railway Cafe for us...and there was the Chippy Shop across the road also....

So Five Bimotas ridden to the place...and at least 7 Forum members down there....including the fellow who sold his Crescent SB6 to Oiley some time ago......

Last edited by 2bims on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...its Wednesday now...and officially our Last day before the midnight ferry back home......So its up early for breakfast and time for a couple of laps of just the mountain section prior to any potential accidents closing it...or prior to it being closed for the start of the days racing...

a bit of fun at breakfast time...a Bimota breakfast........... Laughing lean, light and stylish, meaty...and made with blood, brain, sweat and tears.....the Bimota way.... Laughing

A nice clear 7am start to the day over the mountain at cragg....

Back to the Hotel...to meet up with BimotaNige and his Db2 "back-up" bike that he'd left on the island from our previous visit....

And then down to the South of the island to tick off the remaining towns on our map for a full complement....

Geekay indicating that we only had 2 more towns to visit to complete our quest of visiting every town..... Laughing Shocked

And even further South to the Calf of mann...

Last edited by 2bims on Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
morebhp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots - wish I was there!
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldnt have wished so on our last day........one last trip to Laxey beach...as last photos...and we all got drenched, bikes and bikers..........but all bikes ran on song...and total tally was 2 blown rear light bulbs...one bolt AWOL that held a rear reflector in place..........and one temp seized front caliper...due to expansion of fluids and over filled reservoir pot...all easily sorted..and all Bims out in the rain every night.....very pleased with the results
phil-short

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures. Yes I was there too but managed to meet nobody!
Saw the DB5 and DB6 on the prom one night all right and followed a YB11 over the mountain very early Saturday morning but only realized what it was when he pulled in at the Creg and I flashed past - not a place to hang a u-turn really....
A great time was had.... I will meet up with some of you lads sometime I am sure Very Happy
I must check my pics to see if I have anything worth posting......
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...if you were following a YB11 over the mountain last Saturday...that would have been BimotaNige...been going for the last 20 years or so...so a worthy person to follow if you needed to learn the way....

Hope you enjoyed yourself
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few additions to 2 Bims post

Stuart (Vort) and Steve (2Bims) contemplating whether to break the law or not......

Steve practising his Father Jack look at Eary Cushling .............

and on hearing a nearby sheep............

the Chicken Tikka Massala Bimota logo (guess who?) Very Happy

Glen's "mad-as-a-box-of-frogs" DB10 which he very kindly let me have a blat on - thanks Glen !

Steve humbly accepting his 2nd place prize at the IMOC bash in Port Erin - did you know that a trailered-in old Ducati single pipped him to first place - oh the travesty..... Confused

"and as well as having all-carbon fibre bodywork, the DB5R also............" Very Happy

lined-up in order of beauty - DB3 - DB2 - DB5R Very Happy

Last edited by GeeKay on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:35 am; edited 3 times in total
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nige (Bimotanige) admiring the view at the Calf of Man........

Peel Castle prepares to repel 3 Italian invaders........

Stuart beds down for the return ferry crossing..............

great trip lads - thanks for the company and the craic Very Happy
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the pictures, guys! It gives another taste of what the TT week is like. I got to see a one hour highlight program each day of the races here, the posts in this thread really help flesh out the experience a bit!
1965 Triumph T100SC
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

few more, hopefully not duplicated too much!

Roy 54 on YB11and myself out on the DB2, with Steve, Ryan and Jason - at Bride.

2Bims did smile when he got second! Note nearly everyone had gone when they gave out the prizes!

IMOC show at Port Erin

A work of art Smile

Derby haven near Castletown with Geekay and 2Bims
brian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic photo's fellas!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
Vince186

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pictures guys … I wish I was there. Sad
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I best add a few of the actual racing.

From the Creg , Supersport race.

Ballaugh bridge Superstock race.

view from side of bridge

From raised beer garden

and as they disappear up the road

vort28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidecars from the creg.

and McPint on the Zero.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: