Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Pantah 600SL re-commissioned

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducatidave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Pantah 600SL re-commissioned Reply with quote

After sitting idle for many years, I've just re-commissioned the 1983 Pantah our son restored back in 2006. After spending many months restoring the Pantah, during which he stripped it back to the last nut and bolt, he never got to ride it as he was killed by a "sorry didn't see you" bus driver just days before it was to be registered.
Stuart was a 17 year old apprentice at Gowanloch Motorcycle Engineering when he restored the Pantah during his lunch breaks and after work. He did such a good job the Pantah won its class at a Ducati Display Day shortly after his death.
Riding the Pantah is a bittersweet experience as Stuart should have inherited my motorcycles; not the other way round.
trev45

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great little story , he would be happy me thinks

Trev
corsa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Pantah Reply with quote

Uhmmm... I seem to have something in my eyes..... Must be dust... Can't be tears....
As a father myself, I'm sure your son would appreciate the gesture.

Well done.
JRH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely story, enjoy the bike, and the memories…..
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Dave that's a hard story to read mate. Sorry to hear about your loss but glad that you've got the bike that Stuart put so many hours into, back on the road. It's a fitting tribute to your son. I'd love to see a picture of it.

Cheers,
Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
spyv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a beautiful and sad story.
i can't find what to write...

thanks for sharing.
ducatidave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]
ducatidave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ducatidave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart's nickname was Disco from Disco Stu in the Simpsons hence the DISCO on the bike.
Its over 8 years since he died. The pain of his loss has not lessened; you just learn to live with it.
I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact it took me over 3 years and the eventual involvement of the NSW Police Professional Standards Branch to prove the bus driver was at fault. The local police claimed Stuart had run a red light and was speeding despite no evidence to support their claims. They refused to involve the Crash Investigation Unit despite it being a requirement to do so for any fatal or serious collision. The fact that the officer who arrived on the scene to supervise the young constable who prepared the collision report had the same name as the bus driver may have had something to do with the corrupt manner in which the local police conducted their investigation. Despite receiving an apology from an Assistant Commissioner of Police for the actions of the local police, the bus driver got of scott free and the local police were not disciplined.
brian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beaut pics mate! Great looking Pantah and very proud Ducati owner your young fella. I'm glad you kept pushing with the investigation as I recon they would have been expecting you to just drop it and cop it.

I know it doesn't change the situation, but at least it clears Stuarts name. All too often the motorcyclist automatically get the blame in these incidents. Sounds like the local cops were either lazy bastards or corrupt bastards.

Nice Hailwood in the background too Cool
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
mad mundy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave a lovely choice of bike indeed. Where do I start ? Well we have met in the past & I used to work with Lisa & heavily involved with NDMCC. The loss is never filled & I too lost a very special person in the same year (hawksbury) just keep going & honour your mate as best you can. Good to see your spirit has not changed, nor did mine. Wink
Vince186

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave, welcome to this forum. It’s a sad story you're telling. I can imagine you have a big scar on your soul. Respect.
Nice Pictures.
Desmo_Demon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss...the bike is beautifully redone.
"Map Junkie: My Motorcycle Journeys"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: