Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota BB3 launch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject: Bimota BB3 launch Reply with quote

Bimota launched their new BB3 at the BEW weekend recently and I got a spin on it Smile which is nice.

So the test ride then, I was behind a Bimota instructor, on a new track so no naughties could be had, then again I have to say I rode it like a scared child. The bike is soooo tight all it want's to do is go and stop. The seat is like a motocross bike but the bars to pegs are actually quite comfortable, I found a 2000 R1 felt odd compared to it where your hands feel lower. The brakes squealed which was disconcerting

I spoke to the chief mechanic (looks like a Viking in a red
shirt) He said the brakes sqealed because the jurnalists fried the (fast road) pads a bit he gave me a bit of look when I said it was easy
to clutchless change down the box which it was honest Smile.
H also said they changed the shape of the ram airduct but
the airbox remains BMW, the exhaust system was Bimota too,
they get +7 BHP and the bike is 180kg. The electircs and dash etc is BMW too, I noticed the shift light on the dash would light up white sometimes when I opened the throttle ... no idea what it was.

I couldn't tell you how it stacks up against a S1000RR or HP4 I've never ridden them, it’s "Undoubtedly too much for the road" but that’s never
stopped any superbike before. It's Desmosedici money, but with Bimota needing to shift 140 units to qualify for WSB it will probably turn out to be
rarer in the long run.
brian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see a new Bimota with a power plant other than Ducati, shame about the price though. As always, NEW Bimota's are out of the price range of mere mortals. It would be nice to think it could be a sign of things to come but sadly i doubt it. Very nice to see an alluminium swingarm on a new Bimota too.

Lucky you EC, for getting a ride. Thanks for the pics and write up.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
CNC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics!
spidermaan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the man you called viking is Massimo Gustato Wink
djt77

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EC can't recall if you've you ridden the DB7/8 before but would be interested to hear your thoughts on what you think is better bike if you have had experience of both. Or anyone else for that matter, seems a fair few BB3's have been delivered but yet to hear anything from owners?
djt77

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EC can't recall if you've you ridden the DB7/8 before but would be interested to hear your thoughts on what you think is better bike if you have had experience of both. Or anyone else for that matter, seems a fair few BB3's have been delivered but yet to hear anything from owners?
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't ride the DB7 or 8 and to be honest riding the Tesi and the semi off road were the first twins I've been on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: