Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Good to see that
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trev45

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:14 am    Post subject: Good to see that Reply with quote

Good to see that the most talked about bike on the forum
at the moment is the VDUE and not for bad things , a nice change

Bimota with a Bimota engine don't you all want one Wink

Trev
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis strange....considering how long they've been around...that so many new owners have suddenly bitten the bullet...maybe because they've now "run out" of anymore being available that those sitting on the fence for 17 years finally made the decision.

Whats nicer though is that mostly they are being used and ridden...the true quality and enjoyment taken to the full can only be done this way.....Theres a couple more Brits in the UK that have recently bought "new ones" in the last year or so...but mostly not on here as sadly they have become museum pieces trading pride of place in their lounge, etc...tanks and oil drained..... Crying or Very sad
SethG

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Tis strange....considering how long they've been around...that so many new owners have suddenly bitten the bullet...maybe because they've now "run out" of anymore being available that those sitting on the fence for 17 years finally made the decision.

Whats nicer though is that mostly they are being used and ridden...the true quality and enjoyment taken to the full can only be done this way.....Theres a couple more Brits in the UK that have recently bought "new ones" in the last year or so...but mostly not on here as sadly they have become museum pieces trading pride of place in their lounge, etc...tanks and oil drained..... Crying or Very sad

I think maybe it's the other way around. I've wanted one for around 9 years, but I didn't even see a reasonable one for sale more than twice in that period here in the US. Maybe a couple of more unreasonable ones I saw.

So, this was very sudden for me.

It could be that it's getting to be a situation where more people are selling them, and now some of the better ones are hitting the open market.
Chris F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably partly due to everyone watching Guy Martin and seeing his one in his front room and perhaps because of the recent years of people buying up 2 strokes and especially after 500's (mostly RG's) which are getting far and fewer between, well for sale anyway.
Talking of which why is Mr Martin not on the forum? Anyone know him or anyone that does him. We should get him on here, as great mechanic by all accounts...
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as 2-strokes seem to have died a death with the manufacturers....and a lot of riders began on 2-strokes it is always nice to reminisce and rekindle those heady days of 2-stroke fumes and the zing zing..........

Guys not on here...although the bloke who sold him the Vdue is and knows him....but I dont think he "does him"...... Laughing

From recollection of the sneaky shots of his Vdue...its an original injected...still running on the original tyres from 1997...so perhaps its just an ornament in his lounge...hence not needing to be on here.......
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard from a good source that "he" is trying to get his ornament up an running. If there was a man that deserved a properly running V Due 500 it's the great Guy Martin. His post race reports are the best out there, a close second is Max Anstie both tell it like it is from a mans view
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="SethG"]
2bims wrote:

I think maybe it's the other way around. I've wanted one for around 9 years, but I didn't even see a reasonable one for sale more than twice in that period here in the US. Maybe a couple of more unreasonable ones I saw.

So, this was very sudden for me.

It could be that it's getting to be a situation where more people are selling them, and now some of the better ones are hitting the open market.

I've no idea how many made their way to the States...or how many were sent back...so methinks you were quite lucky to stumble across one...especially a sorted one...albeit not run for a while maybe...

They are a bit more prolific in Europe...albeit again thats a very relative term indeed..with only 330 or so ever made in total worldwide........For the "newbies" with one on here...meself included.....it was the "myth" of a true GP replica powerful 2-stroke that drew me in....and the fabled stories of "the bike that sunk Bimota" and with social media, internet, Youtube etc you can actually see videos of them being run and ridden..making it more of a draw

Lets face it...we only live once...so if you can...live your dreams....... Cool
Chris F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty82 wrote:
I heard from a good source that "he" is trying to get his ornament up an running. If there was a man that deserved a properly running V Due 500 it's the great Guy Martin. His post race reports are the best out there, a close second is Max Anstie both tell it like it is from a mans view

that would be interesting to hear about if he did and posted on here! LOL
trev45

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is a the IOM this year ask him ?

Trev
Chris F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nige is on the KB1...
trev45

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said most talked about

Trev
runesika

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you want an honest Guy Martin appraisal of the V DUE ? Let's be honest it's a fantastic looking and handling bike and for me that's enough but even a 1998 R1 makes it feel underpowered , anything that G M rides will make his V DUE feel like a dinosaur .
The rarity value is a major factor of Bimota ownership with the V DUE being the most sought after ( only my opinion ) of all Bimota models .

Obviously being a Two Stroke and I suppose its true to say the last real big Two Stroke to be marketed gives any petrol head good reason to lust after one .
Maybe like me Guy M just likes oddball bikes , I've a bit of a thing for epic failures like the V DUE , Hesketh 's HONDA CBX ( I've got a turbocharged one ) and best of all the HONDA 750 NR ( one day ! ) if that's the case he will be more than happy with the V DUE .
Chris F

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would yes!
The reason being is that Guy is a pretty competent mechanic. I think he would probably look it at from the point of view that they tried to do something way ahead of it's time and also something the big four in Japan failed to achieve. So I would think he would be looking at it from that point of view, plus he does have an eye for things that look good.
Just my impression from watching the speed programme, I've never met him. He must like them for some reason to have one in his front room. So whether it be that he likes the look of it or just the fact it's a DI 2 stroke I don't know but I'd be surprised if he completely slated it.
Matty82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you ChrisF, there's a multitude of reasons to have a V-Due an to compare it to jap tractor isn't one of them. Sure he races faster machines but like Bruce Anstey said when he raced the yam 500 in the classic this year, it's the most fun bike an best race he's competed in. That's 2 of the fastest men in the world give the ol smokers a thumbs up Smile
runesika

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get me wrong I love my V Due and of course I would be interested in any owners opinion of one good or bad .
I'm happy to put up with the Bimota's bad habits that would drive most owners to distraction ( like the 98% of the original owners who returned the bikes to the factory ) I'll be kind and call it character .
I've owned a Aprilla RS 250 and they are just so sorted out of the crate , even my 350 LC is better behaved than the Bimota and that's a first year 1980 model , I know if Aprilla ever made an RS 500 i would be camping outside the shop .
Changing the subject I've just watched the video of the V Due ( link on this site ) in Italy lifting in I think third gear off the throttle , Im no lightweight but I'm not a lard arse either but that thing is making more power than mine .
Watch the video and tell me how you think it makes more power than your own bike .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: