Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Good to see that
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris F

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another RS250 owner! Well done. Same here.
I agree on the reliability of them too. I've had mine since 98. not done many miles and only thing I had giving me issues were ethanol related. Swelling tank and jet issues. Oh and for a while I think due to non use an EFI warning on the dash! Fantastic bike.
With the Vdue, I think if you took out the carb and related issues that would be quite a few gone. So given Peiro's limited resources I don't think he's done a bad job to be honest. Other irritating problems I put down to the fact this was the 1st engine Bimota built, so it would seem quite likely and fair to have teething problems. Can't comment on the injection side as I don't own one. On the video, mine is not far off that in terms of power. Perhaps he has carbon wheels so less weight on front too. But mine lifts/spins in the 1st 3 gears too so I don't think it's that unusual.
trev45

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EFI lifts as well threw the gears ,not all of course Laughing

Trev
Matty82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Aprilia's are a great bike runesika an yeah a rs500 was on the list but I hear the firm in Austrialia building a hybrid rs250/500 with a yam banshee engine was becoming a liability. Some big complaints, so I ditched that idea. Unsure if that was deffo the case but it scared me enough not to part with my hard earned. Seemingly Aprilia did look into a 500 an a DI 250 but no-one seems to be going forth. Except Suter/ proton an that German company but then again they all want Ģ100k plus for there bikes. They do look pretty mind Smile
Matty82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the idea of third gear wheelies Trev Chris runesika gotta wait till she's run in though
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video's are of Piero's test rider, been in Meda when he has taken bikes out and he does not hold back. So , to be honest could be anyone's bike that has bought one recently .
Second one were he stops at railway and takes camera off, that is Piero's factory just over the crossing.
runesika

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me it's not a case of me holding back on the revs , I wring its neck but I doesn't come up in third gear like in the video . Bimota have done their bit by using a lot of carbon fibre , think its time I done my part and cut the pies out ! [/img]
SethG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runesika wrote:
Believe me it's not a case of me holding back on the revs , I wring its neck but I doesn't come up in third gear like in the video . Bimota have done their bit by using a lot of carbon fibre , think its time I done my part and cut the pies out ! [/img]

It's the shock, it's giving up and all the weight flops back and the rest is history.

I'm guessing a good number of them have lost their nitrogen and whatever else by now.
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made that, whelie just opening the trothle on a Vdue itīs easy, specialy with a updated one, you jaus canīt be afraid of opening the trothle and let it rev!
Itīs very easy if you whant to try, for example in second give half throtle before 5.000 RPM and let it rev.
In 3 gear give abou 75% trothle but be prepared to see only the sky and when the front whell lands to see the speed a bit high...

www.facebook.com/motopasione
EYREY1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

runesika wrote:
Don't get me wrong I love my V Due and of course I would be interested in any owners opinion of one good or bad .
I'm happy to put up with the Bimota's bad habits that would drive most owners to distraction ( like the 98% of the original owners who returned the bikes to the factory ) I'll be kind and call it character .
I've owned a Aprilla RS 250 and they are just so sorted out of the crate , even my 350 LC is better behaved than the Bimota and that's a first year 1980 model , I know if Aprilla ever made an RS 500 i would be camping outside the shop .
Changing the subject I've just watched the video of the V Due ( link on this site ) in Italy lifting in I think third gear off the throttle , Im no lightweight but I'm not a lard arse either but that thing is making more power than mine .
Watch the video and tell me how you think it makes more power than your own bike .

i like my rs250 that much im putting a vdue engine in another over the winter , there a 2 already done in italy
i prefer my rs to any of the other 250 racereps out there ,great bike
Vdue-pt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EYREY1 wrote:
i like my rs250 that much im putting a vdue engine in another over the winter , there a 2 already done in italy
i prefer my rs to any of the other 250 racereps out there ,great bike

For my knolleged there was only one completed, the other is still being made.
The final result is a great bike with a great ratio power/weight.
The one completed was finished in the begining of 2006, this engine didnt performed as it should because first was used a first version of the Vdue engine were the injection was taken off and adapted carbs, second the owner wanted to keep the RS 250 1st gen original fairings and that had the problem that made it impossible to install the air-boxes as it should, so at the whell the bike had a litle more than 90 cv.

Here is a video of the first time that the bike was started, after this a lot of work was done to adjust carburation and maps to make the engine perform the best possible and the more reliable possible:

https://www.facebook.com/ServicoAprilia#!/video.php?v=920031911340223&set=vb.204468202896601&type=2&theater

www.facebook.com/motopasione
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: