Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

I've been through every manual

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SethG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: I've been through every manual Reply with quote

and yet I still can't find a basic owners manual that might list what the function is of this light and two buttons on the triple clamp?
trev45

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK do you need a manual ?

They are mode buttons km's , temp etc
and a fault light RED that will come on Wink
but if it does don't panic

Trev
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Seth.....the Red light on the top yoke...with the black button beneath it are aftermarket fitments...hence why not in any of the manuals.......all Pieros bikes came with these...but put your fingers under the yoke and you should find that no wires are connected to either button at all...and the wires should have been cut and removed.......Early models were tested and ran with quickshifters....and I think the red light was a gear change indicator at one time...and the button may have been a reserve fuel switch.......but I've never seen one of the bikes either without these buttons...or with buttons/light that is connected.....Only first edition Fuel injected models didnt have these post production items.......
Chris F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Hi Seth.....the Red light on the top yoke...with the black button beneath it are aftermarket fitments...hence why not in any of the manuals.......all Pieros bikes came with these...but put your fingers under the yoke and you should find that no wires are connected to either button at all...and the wires should have been cut and removed.......Early models were tested and ran with quickshifters....and I think the red light was a gear change indicator at one time...and the button may have been a reserve fuel switch.......but I've never seen one of the bikes either without these buttons...or with buttons/light that is connected.....Only first edition Fuel injected models didnt have these post production items.......

Hi 2bims. I think you'll find every bike had the light and button in the yoke out of the original factory. I remember asking in 97 what they were for in the showroom at the time. They are also actually mentioned in the original manual on pages 16 & 23.
The light and button on the left are simply mentioned as:
motor - data acquisition button
motor - data acquisition light
No idea what this actually means in reality though.
The button in the middle of the yoke is the multi function control for the old analogue type dash which I've seen working on an injected model.
Piero cut the wires as they were to do with the injectors and the old dash which he replaced with a later dash.

Hope that helps...
SethG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks! Sounds like I should find a new use for them, they look like they could've been useful.
trev45

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My EFI one is standed with these buttons 1997 EFI model

Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: