Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Quickshifter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SethG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:44 pm    Post subject: Quickshifter Reply with quote

Does anyone have the original one on the Trofeo bikes? Or another one that works?

I'm thinking about adding one and either need the original one (which I read somewhere was a pain in the nether regions) or the connectors to wire in an aftermarket version.
JRH

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a black hole. No one seems to have experience of a QS on a VDue... All you get is 'they didn't work'
The connectors must already be there, as the Pegaso dash is pre wired .....
Would love to fit one myself.
Weed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a quick shifter fitted to mine & it works fine. Probably not relevant to you guys though as it has a MoTec ecu.
mm500

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed wrote:
Have a quick shifter fitted to mine & it works fine. Probably not relevant to you guys though as it has a MoTec ecu.

How was it to fit the MoTec ecu?
can you controll the mapping and the exhaust/power valves?
How is the performane compared to the standard map?
Chris F

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Quickshifter Reply with quote

SethG wrote:
Does anyone have the original one on the Trofeo bikes? Or another one that works?

I'm thinking about adding one and either need the original one (which I read somewhere was a pain in the nether regions) or the connectors to wire in an aftermarket version.

Think Nige has or had one on his....
SethG

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if it's just a wiring issue, it makes sense to find the connectors, then get something modern, like HM logic, or even an old super battle shifter, and then just wire it into the coils.
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoke to Piero about quicker shifters when I was there in Feb as there was a trofeo there with one on, his answer was not to use one, well not if you wanted the gear box to last.
Chris F

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Spoke to Piero about quicker shifters when I was there in Feb as there was a trofeo there with one on, his answer was not to use one, well not if you wanted the gear box to last.

LOL !!!
Weed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm500 wrote:
Weed wrote:

How was it to fit the MoTec ecu?
can you controll the mapping and the exhaust/power valves?
How is the performane compared to the standard map?

MM500,
Sorry it has taken a while to reply.
My friend made up a complete new EFI loom for the MoTec unit. The original EFI loom was taken off & stored. The ecu fitted where the original ecu is located but we had to get a mounting tower fabricated to fit some ancillary electronics.
Fuel, ignition & PV are all controlled by the ecu and maps developed for these..
I imported my bike from the US & never rode it with the original ecu so I can't really comment on the comparison. The original owner said it was pretty bad though & that was why he sold it. I always planned on fitting a MoTec unit as it had been done before by some guys in Melbourne.
Having said the above though, Trev45 has an original VDue with EFI & his runs quite well but he is pretty good with these little girls though.
The fuel mapping is not quite finished yet but is getting very close.
One other mod we did was fit a stepper motor to the oil pump so it is also controlled by the ecu. We have had a couple of set backs overall but we're getting there. It is certainly not as easy as we first thought but in the end it will be worth the challenge.
trev45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed wrote -
certainly not as easy as we first thought but in the end it will be worth the challenge

It has given us a good laugh or two Laughing and some new directions / ideas to play with

Trev
SethG

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on one of the magazine reviews that the stock kill times were like 1.5 seconds, I have no doubt it could've been set up in a way that ended up smashing the gears. Should be solvable with an aftermarket quick shifter.

I would just need the plugs to get it in between the coils.
Weed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SethG wrote:
I read on one of the magazine reviews that the stock kill times were like 1.5 seconds, I have no doubt it could've been set up in a way that ended up smashing the gears. Should be solvable with an aftermarket quick shifter.

I would just need the plugs to get it in between the coils.

The coil plugs are just 2 pin AMP plugs. Pretty common
JRH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a lot of experience on flatshift set up on cars.
It's essential that you have a system that allows you to adjust the cut, gear by gear. This will only differ my milliseconds, but gives you a great change, and protect the dog rings.
I'm really interested to see someone up and running with a Vdue set up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: