Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Bimota YB10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

At £1k I would bite the sellers hands off.

I have been told that the only other thing that uses the same bearings as the Diecis steering head bearings are some Mercedes lorry that uses them as wheel bearings.

All the best

Keith
bimotayb10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am back once again, after a year or two, the bike is still in my dad's garage, whilst I have been indulging in other bikes like a little aprilia rs250 mk.1 I have just got. Anyway, I decided I am going to buy the YB10 for this winters project (and probably the following numerous years!) and to keep as a family memory. So looking forward to all your help in the future.
If anyone can source the ilusive YB10 airbox please let me know as I would definately be interested, I think a chap earlier mentioned he may know someone in Toyko, so although doubtful after this length of time, let me know if it is still available.
But think I will have a lot on my hands with it, as it must be 16 years now since it was rode, and about 5 years since it was started. It is still in the same spot as before when I wrote on here a couple of years ago, but even more dust has accumulated!
Cheers
oily

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's going to be one HUGE project and an awful lot of grief........
My offer of a grand still stands Laughing
bluedog59

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good move taking it on,there may be a few problems to sort but it will be worth it. Regarding jetting EXUP's with K+N filters, you can get them to run very well if you use a good dyno shop. My YB10 runs K+N's and a dynojet kit and runs "ok" without dyno setting up (never got round to it), a mate had K+N's on his EXUP and got it set up and that pulled like a train. Lots of parts are stock Yamaha or common Italian parts and fork seals/bushes can be got quite easily.
If you really want an airbox I "may" be able to help. Wink
whybeeten

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with bluedog,if you can get it up and running they are the business,awesome amount of power in a sublime chassis,and your not likely to come across another in tesco's car park!...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: