Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Autumn Approaches so its Musical bikes time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Autumn Approaches so its Musical bikes time Reply with quote

Thought I'd try reshuffling and arranging the garage...see if I could stretch it to 5 bikes across the back (utilising Only skinny Ducati engined bikes...)...and pull out KTM from the back and spruce her up ready for recommissioning onto the road come the dark wet nights...........Believe it or not...none of these bikes are actually touching each other... Laughing

So thats the pup...DB1, 2, 4 and 6 off road until next year

But will keep Vdue on road to keep it ticking over (Road tax is way cheaper for it as its only 500cc...) and Db5R will be kept going also

And now I have access without moving anything else to one side to all 3 bikes....Of course what this does mean also...........Is that all this time I've actually had space to slot another bike into the fold without realising it.....Doh.....Hhmmmmmmmmmm Confused

Mr KTM did me the honour of starting on the first prod of the button yesterday...despite having languished untouched and unloved for the last 6 months at the far back inhospitable corner of the garage.....so thought I'd lavish some attention on her today..........

Just finished...and phew..in time as rain has stopped play........well...nearly finished...still have to check the tyre pressures but that means consulting my KTM book as I never recall what they should be on this bike........

Even though battery was clearly on low juice she did fire up yesterday but even when warm it wouldnt idle without cutting out.....so had to refamiliarise myself with the bike....luckily Good Ol KTM put a large length knurled adjuster on the bottom of the carb.(gotta love carbs over fuel injection...)..and I'd been turning it the wrong way...Doh.....

So it was a throruugh "spring" clean...read Autumn...as KTM goes away in Spring........regrease bearings...pro-link linkages...bleed front forks....check and top up fluids...grease chain....check water coolant in rad......now all good to go come October...quite looking forward to it really...change of bike for change ofseason.........

Dazzly bright picture attached...do not adjust your screen...but wearing of dark tinted lenses advisable.......

SpikeC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw a lap robe on that puppy and you'll be snug as a bug in yer ass!
1965 Triumph T100SC
CNC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice... real motorbike chess game Cool
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes...a full on strategy of moving the right pieces into the right places...but done now........

Welcome back CNC...still waiting for that report of riding experience of the DB7........... Laughing
stockcar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i thought i had issues juggling a couple at work...... Laughing
brian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Room in there for a couple more now Steve!
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
ducatidave

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 3 car garage on the house and have just finished a 15 X 7 metre shed so thought my storage problems were over. No problem fitting in the cars, motorcycles and immediately useful stuff. The problem always seems to be fitting in the "may come in useful one day" stuff. On the few occasions I have tossed out stuff that I hadn't needed for ages, I find I need it soon after giving it the heave ho and then spend ages and big dollars to replace it.
CNC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Welcome back CNC...still waiting for that report of riding experience of the DB7........... Laughing

Thanks Steve... nice to be back Wink Not long now for the report... Wink
djt77

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNC wrote:
2bims wrote:

Thanks Steve... nice to be back Wink Not long now for the report... Wink

What did you want to know regarding the DB7?
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just his own views of the DB7........I used to have one meself but was wondering what CNC thought..........
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My garage is a council lock up, so never enough room
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: