Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Any 1 owner sb6r owners out there

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Any 1 owner sb6r owners out there Reply with quote

Hi I would like to know whether anyone in our forum has bought an sb6r new . If yes can he or she enlighten us how is the carbs set up.. Does it run smoothly or runs poorly at crawling speed in traffic .. The irritating transition from close throttle to slight opening in traffic is frustrating and I think of ways to solve it constantly. Tried a few tricks but it's all still the same. Bike runs well everywhere else.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have to much throttle slack ? you can adjust it under the throttle twist grip.
sb8rs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
On my 6r i removed the pulse / fuel pump so it was gravity fed. Then had it set up on the dyno. Perfect!
The issue is the pump (actually comes off of a lawnmover) as it gives too much fuel at lowrevs and not enough at high.
Do this and you will love your bike even more.
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm considering this but some members and owners of 6r of this forum are dead sure that we should not remove the pump so I'm really confused
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sb8rs wrote:
Hi
On my 6r i removed the pulse / fuel pump so it was gravity fed. Then had it set up on the dyno. Perfect!
The issue is the pump (actually comes off of a lawnmover) as it gives too much fuel at lowrevs and not enough at high.
Do this and you will love your bike even more.

Hi 8r

If you could give me some base setting of your carbs it will be great .. Don't know what is needed to be change to achieve smooth transition.. It's definitely not because of throttle cable slack because I've tried it.
sb8rs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2or4

The settings are different for each bike, but i followed the lead of "johnny be bad" on this forum. So i think it would be best to PM him for jet sizes and needles settings.

However my understanding is that the theroy behind it is the pulse pump was put on as the outlet from the tank is lower than the carbs. However in practice this does not matter as the suction of the carbs drags the fuel through. I can vouch for this as i actually drained the tank dry when my fuel light did not work. As i too was sceptical if i could use all of the fuel in the tank but ultimately this fear was unfounded.

The pulse pump works on the vacum produced by the engine. At low revs the vacum produced is the greatest and therefore pumps a lot of fuel, causing "hunting". At high revs the vacum produced is the least therefore you will run lean. So to do away with this pump is benifical in both areas and eradicates this fluctuation in flow.

My bike ran extremely well with this modification, combined with a free flowing air filter; she produced 140 at the rear wheel and averaged high 40's to the gallon.

I know of many people who have done this and are very happy indeed and if i bought another 6r i would not hesiate in doing the same again.
stockcar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never had any issue with my 6R and its always carb'd extremely well low down
2OR4STROKES

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks .see the complication ..some run well with pump some without. Guess have to experiment to find out
sb8rs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2or4
Why not try?
You are obviuosly not happy with the current running of your bike.
It will not cost a lot plus the fact you can always put the pump back if you are not 100% satisfied with the outcome.
For me a no brainer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> SB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: