Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Funny Thing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenmoore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Funny Thing Reply with quote

I have just joined this forum as a good friend of mine of the female persuation has just bought a DB1 and we are anxiously awaiting it's arrival and I will be looking after it from a mechanical point. It will be ridden and enjoyed hopefuly!

I have owned numerous bikes over a lot of years and after researching the DB1 I came to the following conclusion after I took my VTR100 for a quick ride and stop at a little village about 8 miles from home and a guy who was walking by said, How come your clutch doesn't rattle like my neighbors Ducati?(I Thought my clutch was noisy!)

I was enjoying a durry and said to him "Because it's not a Ducati " and turned my back. Rude I know , however it just highlights the fact that there are people who know bikes and there are those that don't.

I'm sure everyone on here has at least one funny tale to do with their bikes.
Unfortunately I have lots.

Cheers from Down Under
brian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Ken. Where abouts in Aus are you and where did the db1 come from?
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
kenmoore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South Coast NSW near Kangaroo Valley at the base of the first mountain.
Just the sort of roads to experience the bike on.

The DB1 is in the process of being acquired from Motoraider(Took a bit of haggling, No offence Maurice)and is about two weeks away.

Unfortunately it's not mine! I will be working on it as it is going to be used regularly and of course I will have to make sure that any work carried out is safe . This will necessitate "Test Rides to ensure all is well.

The soon to be new owner is very excited about this bike having owned one a number of years ago.

By the looks of the photo's and a short video with sound all seems good.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People don't often know about Bimota, if you don't tell them they'll never know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: