Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New DB4 owner checking in
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
V10LEE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: New DB4 owner checking in Reply with quote

Hello from California .I purchased a 1999 DB4 Tricolor. This is my very first Bimota motorcycle. The previous owner put gold aftermarket windshield screws on the bike,and I would like to replace them with the original ones. Does anyone know where I can buy some original windshield screws for my DB4? Thank you. Very glad to find this place..

Regards,
Lee
v-pilot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to the forum. The originals were black plastic phillips head screws(at least mine were) pretty sure m5. Should be able to get some at the local hardware store. They had a matte surface also which could be done with a piece of scotch brite or fine sand paper
96 Ducati 900 SS/SP
87 moto Guzzi Le Mans IV se (2x)
78 Moto Guzzi V50
68 benelli 250 65 Ducati 250
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdo V10....and welcome to the Forum.........Black plastic screws they are indeed...and yeh...I think M5 size...Bimota like to use M5 where other manufacturers would use M6.......Mine are plastic...but with a flat screw head as opposed to phillips cross head..........

Look just like these......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Nylon-BLACK-Plastic-M5-Screw-Kits-Pan-Head-Slotted-BOLTS-WASHERS-NUTS-/300958511189?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Nails_Fixing_MJ&var=&hash=item4612867055
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention Lee......If you're after a copy of the Genuine Workshop Manual from Bimota for the DB4...or expanded parts diagrams etc...then drop me an email address and I could email them through for you.........
brian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum mate. The db4 is a great choice as your first Bimota... but beware, they are addictive and they often multiply Laughing

Any other mods to your db4? Has it got the original double barrel shotgun exhaust?

Cheers,
Brian
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
V10LEE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

V-pilot thank you very much.

2bims wrote:
Forgot to mention Lee......If you're after a copy of the Genuine Workshop Manual from Bimota for the DB4...or expanded parts diagrams etc...then drop me an email address and I could email them through for you.........

2bims thank you for your help. I will PM you my email.

brian wrote:
Welcome to the forum mate. The db4 is a great choice as your first Bimota... but beware, they are addictive and they often multiply Laughing

Any other mods to your db4? Has it got the original double barrel shotgun exhaust?

Cheers,
Brian

Hi Brian thank's. My DB4 has 4600 miles and it doesn't have the double barrel exhaust. The previous owner put a carbon slip on . Here's a pic of my bike.

2bims

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure looks pretty...and probably sounds a bit nicer with the large single can...the stock Double barrelled cans arrangement have a nice enough sound...albeit a little "muted".....Green anodised Banjo ends on the brake lines?????

Also see that someone has made up some one off footpeg hangers, pegs and levers also...which look a little further back like rearsets...but also perhaps a little further down for comfort......

The tops of those forks will clean up nicely just by rubbing with plain wire wool........... Laughing
V10LEE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
Sure looks pretty...and probably sounds a bit nicer with the large single can...the stock Double barrelled cans arrangement have a nice enough sound...albeit a little "muted".....Green anodised Banjo ends on the brake lines?????

Also see that someone has made up some one off footpeg hangers, pegs and levers also...which look a little further back like rearsets...but also perhaps a little further down for comfort......

The tops of those forks will clean up nicely just by rubbing with plain wire wool........... Laughing

Here's more detail on the bike. The top end was refreshed too..

http://pnwriders.com/marketplace/189993-1999-bimota-db4.html
V10LEE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me what you guys think about the DB4. This is my first Bimota,but not my first bike. I have many other motorcycles. Mostly 250 two strokes. NSR, TZR, RGV, SDR, etc..
v-pilot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is they're cool bikes...mine has 1 mi on the clock. She hasn't yet made it into the yearly 2-3 bike rotation
96 Ducati 900 SS/SP
78 Moto Guzzi V50
V10LEE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v-pilot wrote:
All I can say is they're cool bikes...mine has 1 mi on the clock. She hasn't yet made it into the yearly 2-3 bike rotation

Dang V only 1 mile?
Life is too short you gotta get out there and ride them man. I ride all my bikes rare or not.. Very Happy
brian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V10LEE wrote:
I have many other motorcycles. Mostly 250 two strokes. NSR, TZR, RGV, SDR, etc..

Oh dear... I can see a V due coming up for you my friend Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome V10 to one of the best kept secrets on the planet and congradulations on posting pictures, that usually confuses people for months.

V10LEE wrote:
Tell me what you guys think about the DB4. This is my first Bimota,but not my first bike. I have many other motorcycles. Mostly 250 two strokes. NSR, TZR, RGV, SDR, etc..

Going on your other rides the DB4 may be a bit of a different beast. Not the most powerful, but quite light and enough torque to keep you in with the big boys. OK it rattle's and pop's , is a bit of a pain in the arse some times but for country road blasting it will not let you down.
Mine has the Corse kit on it, flatside's , K&N's and a pipe, and having ridden standard 4's it feels like a completely different bike, make's me smile everytime I take it out for a ride, and yes before others chime in part of that smile is down to the fact I got it to start with the flat sides Very Happy .
But like any air cooled ducati they have faults but do respond well to tweakes , some of which do not cost much but make for a far better experience .
I see yours has the ohlins rear shock which is good, but ride height seems a bit low on the back , also looks by the plug leads it might have CAcycles coils and leads which is a bonus.The single can should have saved about 10 kilo's and maybe added 5-8 extra pony's in the process.

Picture of my tricolor earlier this year, one of the days out to the beach

brian wrote:
Oh dear... I can see a V due coming up for you my friend

Shocked Very Happy Laughing
Unfortunately for you V10 Bimota's do not exist on their own , they flourish best with other Bimota's around , and with your current stock I can see where brian is going !!!! Good luck Very Happy ( OH , VDUE , is the WORLDS best kept secret ) Rolling Eyes
V10LEE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
V10LEE wrote:
I have many other motorcycles. Mostly 250 two strokes. NSR, TZR, RGV, SDR, etc..

Oh dear... I can see a V due coming up for you my friend Laughing

Lol Brian. V dues are very cool bikes, but I've been looking for a 1991 Kawasaki KR1S. Those are rare here in the States..

vort28 wrote:
Welcome V10 to one of the best kept secrets on the planet and congradulations on posting pictures, that usually confuses people for months.

V10LEE wrote:

Going on your other rides the DB4 may be a bit of a different beast. Not the most powerful, but quite light and enough torque to keep you in with the big boys. OK it rattle's and pop's , is a bit of a pain in the arse some times but for country road blasting it will not let you down.
Mine has the Corse kit on it, flatside's , K&N's and a pipe, and having ridden standard 4's it feels like a completely different bike, make's me smile everytime I take it out for a ride, and yes before others chime in part of that smile is down to the fact I got it to start with the flat sides Very Happy .
But like any air cooled ducati they have faults but do respond well to tweakes , some of which do not cost much but make for a far better experience .
I see yours has the ohlins rear shock which is good, but ride height seems a bit low on the back , also looks by the plug leads it might have CAcycles coils and leads which is a bonus.The single can should have saved about 10 kilo's and maybe added 5-8 extra pony's in the process.

Picture of my tricolor earlier this year, one of the days out to the beach

brian wrote:
Oh dear... I can see a V due coming up for you my friend

Shocked Very Happy Laughing
Unfortunately for you V10 Bimota's do not exist on their own , they flourish best with other Bimota's around , and with your current stock I can see where brian is going !!!! Good luck Very Happy ( OH , VDUE , is the WORLDS best kept secret ) Rolling Eyes

Thank you vort28. What a sweet picture of your bike at the coast too. It look's a lot like my town. Your bike is tricked out. I see you also painted your mirrors red..
v-pilot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V10LEE wrote:
v-pilot wrote:

Dang V only 1 mile?
Life is too short you gotta get out there and ride them man. I ride all my bikes rare or not.. Very Happy

Ha Ha, too many bikes and not enough time to ride. Yeah, I picked it up this past spring. It's like vort's but mine has the 944 kit also. I'm working on full carbon body work at the moment and am adding Ti hardware and bits and more carbon goodies. I'll drop it off for a service and dyno break in over the winter. Who knows, it may replace my 900ss as my favorite ride.
96 Ducati 900 SS/SP
78 Moto Guzzi V50
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: