Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Manchester Bike Show - 28th and 29th March 2015
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No power but I have a jumper starter powerpack with an invertor on it , and think I could borrow another one. Should run a screen for a while .

Will bring the engine and also planning to bring a few new frames I have to pack the stand out . Just got to work out what to stand them on.
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laminator wrote:
I was only joking about the YB's not counting, we all know they are the best Wink

I'm out of the office at present so not looking at work emails, I can get the engine stand or make one for the show.

Will we have power on the stand? I could bring a flat screen TV and loop videos or photo gallery?

Hi Lammie...of course...YB's are the best...well...shortly after DB's and Vdues of course........

We did look into "power" on the first year just a kettle really...and One No. 13 Amp socket with down cable and Juice equates to a princely 300Squid...Now thats a whole lot of visits to Costa Coffee...Even for a well healed Wifie....so we passed...The stand alone would be 2,500GBP if we werent a club...so thankful for that...

Any chance you may trip over and remember to bring your rug this year? and perhaps dig out the bag of laminates for the bike seats??

Have a happy funtime in the Sun and see ya soon
Pud

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring my YB11 if you like, riding over from Huddersfield, and I can even wear my daughters hockey skirt if we're stuck!!!
Smile
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pud wrote:
I can bring my YB11 if you like, riding over from Huddersfield, and I can even wear my daughters hockey skirt if we're stuck!!!
Smile

I'm sure the bike would be a most welcome addition to the stand - check with Steve (2Bims) about how / when to get it into the show.
The jury is out on the hockey skirt........is your daughter unavailable? Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pud wrote:
I can bring my YB11 if you like, riding over from Huddersfield, Smile

Don't think we have a YB11 as yet on the stand, so your welcome, but bikes have to be there before 9am on saturday and can't be removed till 5pm sunday.

New bits started arriving for this years show. Corner flags arrived last week.

Not the best quality but then only £40 all in.

Tee-shirts arrive on Friday. Looking forward to that. New design for 2015 !!
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pud wrote:
Smile

As per the others have said Pud...you'd be more than welcome....The official set-up day is the Friday when its open from 0900 to 2000....and theres the Saturday morning for late arrivals from 0630 to 0930 before the doors open.......Breakdown...as in when you can remove your vehicles....is roughly 1700 on the Sunday.....For security they lock doors and gates from the Sat morning to Sunday evening....
Pud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter unavailable Geekay, sorry Sad
Hi Steve, I'm planning to ride over on the Friday and give the bike a clean when I get their - how do I get it in to the show?
Cheers
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pud.....a little closer to the show they will email me "exhibitor" passes....which I would email to you...it simply has to have Bimota Forum and stand Nos, C27-C30 written on it....Vehicle entrance No. VE4 and VE5 would be where we'd be taking bikes through...which is where the exhibitors carpark is situated at the right hand East side of the venue....

Access is off Mercury Way off the B5211 right near the M60 motorway/Trafford Centre
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&gl=uk&q=EventCity&ei=oE8IVf3SAsiI7AaBpoGQDQ&ved=0CH4Q_BIwDQ&output=classic&dg=brw

And this is the floor plan of the event itself

http://www.manchesterbikeshow.com/images/ManchesterFloorPlan2015.pdf

I'll have copies of spare vehicle passes anyhow and will be at the building most of the day anyhow.....and then you'll get spare tickets to return on the Sunday with others also if you want to spend a few hours looking round before the end of the show...I'll pm you my email address and mobile phone number just in case...
glened

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Don't think that I can get to the show any earlier than around 19:00 on the Friday or if not I can drop off the bike on Saturday. The rear wheel is off at the moment but hopefully will be fixed in time for the show. Do you still need it on the stand or have you now found enough Bims?

Regards Glen
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres never enough Bims Glen....either in the world or your own personal garage....If you can bring it...it would be more than welcome Glen...either the Friday before 8pm or before the doors open on Saturday morning (prior to 9.30am)

Line-up so far

DB1
DB2
DB4
DB5R
DB6 - Weather Dependant
DB6R
DB7
DB10 - Glen dependent

SB6
SB8 Santa Monica

YB6
YB8
YB11 - maybe weather dependant

Vdue Evo
And......By special Invite.....

Return of C3PO - Racing Tesi 1D...

And if BimotaNige is coming? whatever he brings also...
laminator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm still on my holidays in Portugal, it's a hard life 😃 but back tomorrow. PS Sun's shining.

Are the YB6 and YB8 in the list mine?

I'm looking at hiring a long wheelbase van for the weekend, so I don't need to bring two vans over. I should be able to get 5 or maybe 6 bikes in. I was going to bring YB4, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. If we've got a 6 and 8 I can leave them . Cheers

Steve, I'll give you a ring before the show to get a plan. bimota mat is lent up at my door, brochures are somewhere in my house just got to find them. Definitely in my house somewhere!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup Lammie....of course the 6 and 8 would be yours.....dont know anyone else with one....Theres space for more...and we do the appreciate the effort that you always put in...so its down to you really....I know last year Nige hired a LWB van...was enough for 4 bikes...but a struggle after that I think what with mirrors, clip ons etc....bit easier if all on rear stands and screwed down...but depends if rental van has wooden base really
brian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an awesome lineup so far guys! Looks like another fantastic Bimota gathering that will embarrass ALL of the dealerships Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 and counting !!!!!!! looks like it could be another record Bimota gathering !!!!!!
AND an SB6 making its first appearance especially for you Brian !!! Very Happy and its a rasberry ripple one !!!!!!! Shocked
djt77

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to pictures from this years show, looks to be a cracker again thanks to the effort put in by you guys.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Members Bimota Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: