Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

SB6 ALERT
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was bid up to it's top value, about £4k. Haven' seen an SB6 fetch more than that for quite a long time Wink
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's been relisted
probably same reserve too - I thought £4100 was a good price for a non-standard SB6
but then I know they want £6000 for it............. Shocked
oily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think £4.1k would be an excellent price for this particular, non standard bike but as you say, they want 6k for it.
I expect to see it advertised for a while longer yet Laughing
kb11110cc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You all seem to think £4.1 was a good value price for the bike.
I think it expensive, I know of a very nice original red/white and carbon bike for sale. And he wants £4k. And that hasn`t sold.
So how is a painted up yellow bike worth that.

Personally i think it was worth £3k tops

Carl
oily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kb11110cc wrote:
You all seem to think £4.1 was a good value price for the bike.
I think it expensive, I know of a very nice original red/white and carbon bike for sale. And he wants £4k. And that hasn`t sold.
So how is a painted up yellow bike worth that.

Personally i think it was worth £3k tops

Carl

When I said £4.1K would be an excellent price for this bike, I meant, if they had got £4k they would have been rubbing their hands together all the way to the bank Laughing
Why hasn't this original bike been advertised on here, There are at least two people looking for one Wink
oily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I think ALL SB6's should command in excess of £6k as such good looking, iconic pieces of motorcycling history Laughing
(now I've got another one in the stable Wink )
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Banana yellow SB6 Reply with quote

Problem with putting a value on these is that they are in sufficiently short supply that there may not be one available at a price in line with the last one sold, with a provenance that you like the look of, at the time the itch has to be scratched. At the end of the day, you can only really start comparing one with another if you can completely take it to bits and see what needs doing, which tends to get a prospective seller's back up.

If you trundle through it:

Fork refresh: £200
Shock refresh: £150
Chain & Sprockets: £150
Tyres: £250
Clutch slave: £90
Alternator coupler £100
Valve clearance: £100
Swingarm bearings: £100

That's well north of a grand and the prices assume you're doing all the work yourself - double or treble it if you've got to entrust the work to the local shop. That's before you start talking about cosmetics like the state of the fairing and whether it's been dropped and had the footpeg ding the swingarm and whther the clocks work (in the case of an R) etc, etc, etc.

Bottom line is they're not a commodity item and people will end up paying north and south of the "right" price - what ever that may be. Key thing for me is to get one that's been used enough so that it's had at least a modicum of basic servicing and therefore hasn't seized every fastener on it, but conversely hasn't had a frustrated, not particularly knowledgable, owner twiddling with it and wreaking havoc in the name of "fixing" it.

The "right" price is what you're prepared to pay for an almost unique item, having satisfied yourself as far as possible that it's not a complete lemon. If that turns out to be less than what somebody else has recently paid for the same model, so much the better - you may have had a bargain, but unless you can strip both of them down and see what's what you'll never know. If you're happy with it, forget what you paid for it, 'cause it's not a commodity and therefore doesn't have a widely accepted market price.

I've got to go and lie down now, 'cause I can feel one of my heads coming on!
oily

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: Banana yellow SB6 Reply with quote

Jonny B Bad wrote:
Problem with putting a value on these is that they are in sufficiently short supply that there may not be one available at a price in line with the last one sold, with a provenance that you like the look of, at the time the itch has to be scratched. At the end of the day, you can only really start comparing one with another if you can completely take it to bits and see what needs doing, which tends to get a prospective seller's back up.

If you trundle through it:

Fork refresh: £200
Shock refresh: £150
Chain & Sprockets: £150
Tyres: £250
Clutch slave: £90
Alternator coupler £100
Valve clearance: £100
Swingarm bearings: £100

That's well north of a grand and the prices assume you're doing all the work yourself - double or treble it if you've got to entrust the work to the local shop. That's before you start talking about cosmetics like the state of the fairing and whether it's been dropped and had the footpeg ding the swingarm and whther the clocks work (in the case of an R) etc, etc, etc.

Bottom line is they're not a commodity item and people will end up paying north and south of the "right" price - what ever that may be. Key thing for me is to get one that's been used enough so that it's had at least a modicum of basic servicing and therefore hasn't seized every fastener on it, but conversely hasn't had a frustrated, not particularly knowledgable, owner twiddling with it and wreaking havoc in the name of "fixing" it.

The "right" price is what you're prepared to pay for an almost unique item, having satisfied yourself as far as possible that it's not a complete lemon. If that turns out to be less than what somebody else has recently paid for the same model, so much the better - you may have had a bargain, but unless you can strip both of them down and see what's what you'll never know. If you're happy with it, forget what you paid for it, 'cause it's not a commodity and therefore doesn't have a widely accepted market price.

I've got to go and lie down now, 'cause I can feel one of my heads coming on!

Kin ell, why didn't you just say... It's worth what the scamming bastard's can get for it Laughing
I wasted 5 minutes of my life reading all that Laughing
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: SB6 Alert Reply with quote

A very fair point Oily and well made. The orange box goes on the fire tonight - unless I think of something else to bang on about of course!
oily

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing
v12al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with oily and jhonny here, the bikes are icinic but when tya think about puuting a bad one right its gonna get time consuming and expensive.
I like period mods (swingarms etc) but as for non standard paint jobs, fram cover's etc it makes me think... oh hang on whats happened to this bike.
Almost every SB6 has been over on the left side cos the stand is cr4p but full resprays in different colours either means its been down the road badly or the owner couldnt be 4rsed putting it back how it should be (MY OPINION ONLY).
... mine is going back to its original tri colour that it was originaly bought in.
oily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few "bad one's" out there but there's always someone who can't afford a mint one (me) so buys a bad one because it's invariably cheaper and then spends twice the difference putting it right Laughing
I've now done this more times than I want to admit and loved every minute of it Laughing
v12al

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:
Quite a few "bad one's" out there but there's always someone who can't afford a mint one (me) so buys a bad one because it's invariably cheaper and then spends twice the difference putting it right Laughing
I've now done this more times than I want to admit and loved every minute of it Laughing

Yeah me too... mine has 35k on it but gonna try and get back nice but everyday useable..... AND gonna do the sidestand mod now lol.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oily wrote:

Innit Very Happy
I'm going to do a college evening machanics course in September
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: