Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Winter ride :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matty82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Winter ride :) Reply with quote

Hi everyone, not long till the sun is here again Smile
Took my v due out for a quick run before the rain today. Think I will change the fear oil. Man I love this bike, had a good bit of fun before packing her away for another month. 500's are the bollox.

Last edited by Matty82 on Mon May 16, 2016 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
trev45

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe time to pull the box out and have a look
Have you done allot of highway miles ?

500's are great Very Happy

Trev
brian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't be somethingas simple as the linkage adjustment? Old oil? Other than that it sounds internal, worn shift fork or something? You probably know all this, I know nothing about v due's. I'll shut up now Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brians comments are all valid....how many miles has it done now? Have you checked the oil level? Changed the Oil since buying the bike?

It seems that even the "new" Vudes seem to come delivered with Putrid swamp juice in the gearbox thats probably 18 years old.....I change mine out every 500 miles or so...it only takes just over a litre to refill and theres no Oil filter so hardly a great expense....always nice to check the magnetic sump plug also...and see what chunks or swarf is on it....

Other than that...although would be a problem through all gears...is whether you've cleaned out the clutch pack recently? It can get quite congested in there with clutch plate material.....
Matty82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lads, I thought it might take a while for a response as the v due section has been particularly quite. Check it quite regularly for my bimota fix Smile
for the sake of 15 quid I'll change it anyhow an like you say, check for particles.

Anybody else manage to get out?

Can't wait to turn the oil down, she is gonna rip :p

Last edited by Matty82 on Mon May 16, 2016 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know "Signature' dealer.....but you know what assumption is the mother of all?

Some new bikes when drained for the first time have only been half full of oil...perhaps only half a litre or so....

Doubtful that its been changed...as its not particularly evident how to even fill the oil up without referencing the manuals....and theres no sight window to check the level either...there is an allen headed bolt that you are supposed to remove on the left side of the clutch brembo slave...and then "peek" through to see if oil is in there...hardly possible...best to just drain it out and refill....check the chain tension also...if its a new chain et al.....80 miles would have broken it in and maybe need adjustment...and at top speed 5/6th gear it would be under less tension and maybe harder to change gear???
SethG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I haven't been able to get out on the Bimota in a month myself, been busy trying to troubleshoot the lack of peak HP in this thing.

All the more painful on my end, we don't have winter here in California so it's actually 84 degrees here (29C).

Hopefully in another couple of weeks.

My 6th gear works great, going to guess you need to pull the cassette transmission out and see what you're missing.
Matty82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes 2bimms I'm well aware Smile
It's down in Norfolk, think he had a injection for sale not long ago too.
Hi sethg, 29 degrees lovely, lucky if it's 8 here.
Was out there for a month a couple of yrs back, if only the missus would let me go back.
I'm with you on the power figures, 95 is good but we all know she's capable of much more. Keep us up to date on progress.

Last edited by Matty82 on Mon May 16, 2016 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SethG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matty82 wrote:
Yes 2bimms I'm well aware Smile
It's down in Norfolk, think he had a injection for sale not long ago too.
Sounds like a right faff but I'm not gonna let it beat me, love a challenge.
Thanks
Hi sethg, 29 degrees lovely, lucky if it's 8 here.
Was out there for a month a couple of yrs back, if only the missus would let me go back.
I'm with you on the power figures, 95 is good but we all know she's capable of much more. Keep us up to date on progress.

I dropped the engine out yesterday and pulled the heads, it looks pretty good.

Was running 83 hp with 220 main jets, dropped to 200 main jets and it pushed 90hp and felt better in general.

After pulling the heads off, the engine looks pretty damn good, I think it's more likely now that it has a timing problem (bad setting?) or something else maybe?

Whatever the case, going to do all the measurements then send the cylinders and heads off to a guy in Los Angeles that I know, to get a second set of eyes on the settings and make sure everything makes sense.

Part of the problem is there are no dyno charts I've really come across for one of these things, so it's not like I can compare it and see where it's different...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: