Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

2007 SB8K SANTAMONICA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
roughrider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: 2007 SB8K SANTAMONICA Reply with quote

BRAND NEW [15 KMS], AS NEW. VERY LOW VIN. SUITABLE FOR COLLECTOR, MUSEUM, OR JUST TO SPOIL YOURSELF!
I bought 2 Santamonica's from the same Gentleman, and i'm now selling the new one.
Serious offers considered. Please PM your phone number, and i will contact you.
brian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good timing... There's a couple members looking for Santa Monica's at the moment.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
roughrider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/uploadimagedisplay.php?imageid=556A93A02
roughrider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/uploadimagedisplay.php?imageid=07360224XX
roughrider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bimotaforum.co.uk/uploadimagedisplay.php?imageid=504X42788
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly looks nice...What paperwork do you have for it? NOVA notification, previous registration Docs? Euro CofC from Bimota?

Evidently its a Euro model....but with the paperwork what year is it showing as being manufactured?

If its less than ten years old it will also need a VOSA MSVA test to be able to be registered....and unfortunately it would fail on the Kms only display and incorrect dip on Euro headlights.(I know they can be converted to mph....but requires the software to do so)......I;ve also heard that getting the large throttle bodied systems past the emissions test is pretty tricky....

So perhaps one just for collectors and not for riding...shame
roughrider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes with NOVA, German registration, Certificate of Conformity [so MSVA not necessary]. The VIN shows a 2006 manufacture. Registered 2007.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok cool.........Unfortunately the rules changed in April last year at VOSA.....any vehicle with a Euro COC...now also needs to be proved to have a speedo in MPH...and a headlight that dips the right way...i.e. kicks left and not right...theres a reduced test fee of 18squid instead of 85...but kms and wrong headlight mean no for DVLA.....

Oh emissions have changed from the 2004 Eu directive that most EuroCOc's were based on also....
roughrider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="2bims"]Ok cool.........Unfortunately the rules changed in April last year at VOSA.....any vehicle with a Euro COC...now also needs to be proved to have a speedo in MPH...and a headlight that dips the right way...i.e. kicks left and not right...theres a reduced test fee of 18squid instead of 85...but kms and wrong headlight mean no for DVLA.....

Oh emissions have changed from the 2004 Eu directive that most EuroCOc's were based on also....[/quote]

Spoke with DVLA on Wednesday, and they said that only a CoC is required.
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might get through....it might not...as evidently theres the folk at the DVLA and theres the folk at VOSA...and the new changes...so it depends whether the person that deals with the paperwork knows the changes as they only came in last year...I know a few folk who have had the EuroCoC turned down by DVLA as not valid anymore if its an old one...and they have started to turn the light on to flood of Euro imports recently ...so a bit of a gamble at best....just right that any perspective punters should know if they have to try and get it registered...

If it was 0ver ten years...wouldnt be an issue as no MSVA or eurococ needed....and no speedo...whether in miles of kms...is needed for an MOT

For Bimotas Bike range from 2006 onwards...its not a problem...as the headlights for DB5/6/tesi are flat bean E13 marked...so no kick up...and the electronic clocks have simple buttons to push to convert Lms to miles and vice versa.....Those led clocks on Santas and Vdues are a different matter though

Heres the direct extract from VOSA site...which has also now changed names to DVSA

Partial MSVA

If you have a Certificate of Conformity (CoC), it will say which side of the road and which speedometer units your vehicle is equipped for.

You must modify your vehicle if it isn’t equipped for use in Great Britain. It will then need a Partial MSVA to check the following items:
•headlamp dipped beam pattern - this checks the headlamp is suitable for driving on the left
•speedometer - the speed must be shown in miles per hour (mph) or dual mph and kilometres per hour
•mirror location - on mopeds fitted with a single mirror, the mirror must be fitted to offside (right) of the vehicle

Read more in Partial MSVA frequently asked questions.
roughrider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your help. The headlamp is flat beam, and the speedo is switchable between Kph and Mph.
vort28

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roughrider wrote:
Thanks for all your help. The headlamp is flat beam, and the speedo is switchable between Kph and Mph.

WOW roughrider I am impressed you got a COC. Where did you get that from.I spent month's trying for my SM and gave up in the end and went the MSVA route . Even that took 6 attempts and they felt sorry for me in the end with the emissions and passed me on a technicality as they were getting made redundant the following week in the big Vosa shake up a few years ago.
I am also very interested in the switchable dash mph/KM. Again something I failed to achieve as have a lot of vdue owners with the same dash. As 2bims says, only option I and others know of is to return to Italy for a software mod.
Heard of vdue owners going to the extext of stripping dash down and changing the printed circuit board config just to light the MPH light for the SVA.
zombie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone is in a spot and need to borrow an MPH speedo for the SVA etc, I have one in my spares at the moment....

All the best,
Zomb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes For Sale All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: