Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Jollymoto exhausts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort is spot on, 16/39 as std. You will need to make the chain longer if you want to go above 40 on the back.
I've got a 15 on the front, feels much better.
Joe Johnston

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I got my v idue I found the bike needed a lot of power and clutch slipping to get it off the mark and would stall easily then noticed that the throttle had very poor response to the first 1/4 so adjusted the pilot screw to 1/4 of a turn out the difference was amazing it pulls away no problem so will need to go up one size on the pilot jet when I get a chance the problem is I can't get the clutch fully out till 15 to 20 mph this makes it hard to ride slowly in traffic.
Where did you get the 15 tooth front JRH for your ?
Had a look and I'm running 16/38 on my v due .
Vort if I email you some pictures you might put them up for me
SethG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Johnston wrote:
When I got my v idue I found the bike needed a lot of power and clutch slipping to get it off the mark and would stall easily then noticed that the throttle had very poor response to the first 1/4 so adjusted the pilot screw to 1/4 of a turn out the difference was amazing it pulls away no problem so will need to go up one size on the pilot jet when I get a chance the problem is I can't get the clutch fully out till 15 to 20 mph this makes it hard to ride slowly in traffic.

That's a very good point, off idle stumbles are a common sign of a Dell'Orto issue. The problem is the v due does this naturally, so it can be hard to understand sometimes when you're being double-screwed by the carb and the engine.

After I got my carb sorted, the leaving the light problem was still there but much, much better.
JRH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Johnston wrote:

I had a similar problem pulling away, but it was a sticky power valve on the rear cylinder.
I got the sprockets from Piero, give me a few days, I think I have a spare.
dingbat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject: jolly pipes clutch and gearing Reply with quote

Finally got round to the MOT for this year during the sunny spell in good ol' UK. Bike is running fine in the cool air. Looks like no more salt on the roads so off we go ! Had the same observations about the JM pipes - not noisy as in volume of noise - just frequency. Someone mentioned standard pipes vs JM's on noise test / power delivery. Rememember feeling triumphant when I managed to find a set of genuine OEM reverse cylinder TZ 250 racebike pipes and found they fitted straight on to my tuned and debugged street bike reverse cyl TZR 250. These bikes were famous for rough running in certain rpm bands also before the v due came along. I Was disappointed to find that these pipes whilst making a lot more top end power stacked the power up so high up the rev range they were virtually unusable on the street but were of course fine on the track under race conditions. Just wondering if the JM's being supposedly race pipes were having the same sort of effect on the vdue ? Anyhow, within next few weeks hope to get my untouched (apart from the fixing of the usual stuff ) 2013 EF 10 onto a local dyno to get some idea where to start and whether theres much can be done. The Bim was a race engine and no one would have worried about midrange splutters and suchlike I guess. If I can get the readout / results onto here will do so ! I would definitely look at some quieter pipes if a few of us got together to get some made - if that is possible of course.
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was told by Piero tha the JM pipes had the best power and the best spread of all the pipes.

Pictures of Joe's vdue.

[/quote]
SethG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: jolly pipes clutch and gearing Reply with quote

dingbat wrote:
Finally got round to the MOT for this year during the sunny spell in good ol' UK. Bike is running fine in the cool air. Looks like no more salt on the roads so off we go ! Had the same observations about the JM pipes - not noisy as in volume of noise - just frequency. Someone mentioned standard pipes vs JM's on noise test / power delivery. Rememember feeling triumphant when I managed to find a set of genuine OEM reverse cylinder TZ 250 racebike pipes and found they fitted straight on to my tuned and debugged street bike reverse cyl TZR 250. These bikes were famous for rough running in certain rpm bands also before the v due came along. I Was disappointed to find that these pipes whilst making a lot more top end power stacked the power up so high up the rev range they were virtually unusable on the street but were of course fine on the track under race conditions. Just wondering if the JM's being supposedly race pipes were having the same sort of effect on the vdue ? Anyhow, within next few weeks hope to get my untouched (apart from the fixing of the usual stuff ) 2013 EF 10 onto a local dyno to get some idea where to start and whether theres much can be done. The Bim was a race engine and no one would have worried about midrange splutters and suchlike I guess. If I can get the readout / results onto here will do so ! I would definitely look at some quieter pipes if a few of us got together to get some made - if that is possible of course.

So far I haven't seen any dyno charts except for:

1) Mine - which already had problems and I'm working on (on Jolly Moto's)

2) The original Cycle Magazine stock version (On stock pipes)

3) One that Trev sent me for a street bike that we both agreed seemed like it was off. (On stock pipes)

I'd love for someone else to get theirs on the dyno so we could see what they make.

Realistically, where the JM pipes are involved, the problem is that without a single dyno chart with stock vs. the Jolly Motos, who know's how they work? I mean lots of rumors here and there but not only is there no concrete data, no one really recalls seeing a dyno chart. There are a couple of mentions of carb'd bikes making 103 or so, but the peak number isn't the most important value by any stretch.

So yes, anyone else that would have the courage and time to take their bike to a dyno (preferably a dyno jet but not mandatory), would really be helping the community.
mm500

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jolly and ign. kit and Mikuni TMX carb set and some extra work: 125,71 HP
Jolly and ign. kit and Mikuni TMX carb:112,91 HP on the wheel"
SethG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm500 wrote:

Jolly and ign. kit and Mikuni TMX carb set and some extra work: 125,71 HP
Jolly and ign. kit and Mikuni TMX carb:112,91 HP on the wheel"

1) You're amazing

2) We owe you

3) Your bike is probably the best possible one to dyno as "fresh from Piero"
SethG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Honda NSR500V for comparison, by most measures, the Bimota engine in green on your chart is on par or stronger than the GP bike at every level.

Which is astounding

dingbat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MM for sharing the info. Looks like the phone lines to Germany will be jammed for the next few days then whilst Fiedlers is booking in all the Vdue upgrade work ! The green power curve looks spot on. Now we Just need to guess what the "other work" could be and of course find out how much this lot will all cost ! Summer holiday vs tricking up the vdue. Dont think the missus would be too pleased !
Bud977

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, it's incredible that the VDue is stronger than the NSR500V! You thought they were getting expensive but they are cheap compared to the GP bike.
mm500

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but the dyno chart is not my bike.

I got the "ignition kit" (zeltronic, map, new wiring etc) from Fiedler but I
have not got time to install it.
SethG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm500 wrote:
Sorry but the dyno chart is not my bike.

I got the "ignition kit" (zeltronic, map, new wiring etc) from Fiedler but I
have not got time to install it.

Have you thought about dyno testing your bike before you install that stuff? I'm not sure how hard that is to do where you live, might be a real challenge.
mm500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'am looking into it, nice to have the base numbers before I start tuning it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: