Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 or YB11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what is the question...lol

The 10 for sure, but both wouldn't hurt? The 11 was a last of the line and what I would consider a cash in.

No longer had adjustable head stock bearings, definitely less track focussed. the motor was probably the best of the 1000 cc 5 valve exup motors, more power, lighter cams, basically a YZF750 up top, but still a 5 speed box below.

Styling was more thunderace rather than something innovative and exciting.

I love the 10 because it is considered the ugly duckling, and the ones that are despised are the ones that are worth the dosh in the long term because few survive.

I've got a YB11 here, I'm going to turn it into a track hack, it will look like a YB8, but far less concern if I roll it up into a ball...lol

A couple of nice bikes in the shed there! All good.
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My theory is to ride (or drive) everything I own. Having 2 Bimotas would mean having to make a tough choice every weekend morning - something I am not ready to do just yet. Did that with my BMW R bikes. In the end the R1150R found a new home, while the R11S remained. If I had the Bimota then, I would most likely keep the R1150 - there was something about that bike.

The Morini is a fun little bike that is quite a canyon carver. It's rare enough here in the States. The other bike not in the picture is a 1990 R100GS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: