Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

TT 2015
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: TT 2015 Reply with quote

As another member reminded me over the weekend its countdown to the 2015 TT, only six weeks to go Very Happy !!!!.

Time to get those bikes out and start fettling for the journey Very Happy . Is anyone going this year ?
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which bike are you borrowing off Steve this year ? Wink
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeeKay wrote:
Which bike are you borrowing off Steve this year ? Wink

OH GK that hurts !!!!
and if you going to crash over the mountain you don't want it to be your own bike now do you Laughing
And to be fair that was only because I needed a twin seat and Mrs Vort's DB6 was unavailable .

So this year's ride is

Plus this

Equals

And boy is it LOAD

Shocked Laughing Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have thought that the "load" would have been a lot less....but that the "loud" part would have been a lot more.......... Laughing Laughing

I'm presuming that Mrs Vort does the spelling tests with the kids???
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2bims wrote:
I'd have thought that the "load" would have been a lot less....but that the "loud" part would have been a lot more.......... Laughing Laughing

Hey , I'm an Engener so what do you expect . Laughing
Head is still ringing from the nose , and strugling to focus on the keybord to right . Wink

Oh what fun I will have when I start this thing up on the ferry !!!!! Those Duc boys with the tampax exhaust will run and hide with embarrasment
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
2bims wrote:

Hey , I'm an Engener so what do you expect . Laughing
Head is still ringing from the nose , and strugling to focus on the keybord to right . Wink

Oh what fun I will have when I start this thing up on the ferry !!!!! Those Duc boys with the tampax exhaust will run and hide with embarrasment

Laughing Laughing Laughing
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
brian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet looking pipes vort! It would have to be loud, otherwise you'll still hear that clutch rattle over it
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
djt77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort, any chance you could let us know your thoughts on the exhaust? Is it a lot lighter than the standard end can? Assume it's a fair bit louder. Did you notice any gain in performance with them?
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brian wrote:
Sweet looking pipes vort! It would have to be loud, otherwise you'll still hear that clutch rattle over it

Don't start on the clutch , got one of those bloody stupid slipper clutches on it. Might be great on the race track but on the road they are crap at juctions and the sound they make at launch makes the rattle of the clutch pale into insignificance .
Give me a proper clutch everytime.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep all booked and planned -hopefully the weather will be kind again. Damaged wrist seems to be holding up. Fresh tyres fitted and new oil/filter. Looks like Ill hear your DB7 so will know when to wave as we pass Very Happy Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djt77 wrote:
Vort, any chance you could let us know your thoughts on the exhaust? Is it a lot lighter than the standard end can? Assume it's a fair bit louder. Did you notice any gain in performance with them?

When I SVA'd the bike it was 102db with the standard exhaust , were it should have been 98db to pass the test, but as the bike passed every other part of the SVA on the 5th time of trying the sound level the moniter was positioned to achieve 98db, about 150mm further away from exhaust. So going on the original was 102, I would say this has to be about 110db-115db. Tis quite a bit noisier.
Does the original Bimota can have removal baffles ? Mine did'nt but looked like it might have done ??

I have not wieghed the cat etc,but will try to do it this w/e when I get home.

On the performance point I have only done about 50 miles on the bike with the standard can and about 10miles without . I had to try it once I fitted it Laughing But it did seem to pick up better , but then that could have been me winding the throttle more to hear the glorious sound of the pipes Very Happy and it has the most tremendous sound on over-run Shocked Rolling Eyes

djt have you changed any of your suspension settings as they seem to be set up VERY hard. Mine only have 400miles on it so I gues never really used, and maybe not bedded in that well, but need to get it sorted by TT.

Last edited by vort28 on Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bimotanige wrote:
Looks like Ill hear your DB7 so will know when to wave as we pass Very Happy Very Happy

Nah , Mrs Vort can wait for 2Bims this year , she is off the 125 now and onto the 650, so a few more weeks and she will be onto the DB6. 2Bims should be able to keep up with her on his DB5R Laughing
djt77

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've got some settings will send over on email. They are set up very stiff, if im honest mine isn't perfectly set up, but road conditions hanges quite a bit so hard to set it up for a specific road surface.
CNC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vort, way to go on TT!!! Nice pipes!!!

I would have complain or two about stones on workbench Very Happy
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CNC wrote:
Vort, way to go on TT!!! Nice pipes!!!

I would have complain or two about stones on workbench Very Happy

Yeah stones were not the best place to lie on the floor trying to get the front header off, but I have a bit of an issue with garage space at the moment. Crying or Very sad

Are you at the TT this year ? Is your Db7 still on standard setting or have you modified them ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: