Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

UK BIMOTA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: UK BIMOTA Reply with quote

I see we have a new forum member called UKBIMOTA who claims to be a Bimota distributor for the UK and based in the south.
I was under the impression that Woods were the UK's Bimota dealer.
Anyone care to enlighten me Wink
UKbimota

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Bimota Distributor Reply with quote

Hi Oily and all Bimota forum readers.

Yes I can enlighten you. You have the truth from the horses mouth so to speak.

On a very wet, snowy Friday 12th February in Rimini we, UK Bimota t/a AMV Motorcycles Ltd signed an agreement to be the distributor of Bimota motorcycles in the UK & Eire. If you look carefully at the old website (yes I know its out of date and that is being addressed) the "Distributor was Bimota UK" and Woods were one, the only one it seems, of the dealers or "Concessionari" as they say.

There will be an official re-launch of everything Bimota in the coming months and rest assured the forum will be informed. Keith (admin) has already been informed of the appointment, however some of you are particularly keen and noticed the name slipping in under darkness on the forum!

Needless to say we already are seeing "Two Bimota" camps, the first pre 2000 and then post 2003. NO surprises there? We are making a regular journey to Rimini and will take "difficult spares orders with us to "SCAN THE BINS" for any parts that they thought they didn't have but were tucked behind the shelf, if you know what I mean! IN fact we will do whatever we can to assist you.

You will therefore gather from the previous statement, we are also looking after spares for "storico" Bimotas, however we must stress this will be limited to the existing stocks of spares held in Rimini plus, and, as an when we can arrange with previous manufacturers, replacement of stock but this cannot be guaranteed.

However we will do our best to assist where we can.

It appears from many conversations with Bimota owners they all seem to be adept in obtaining / beg borrowing and even making spares from all around the world via a multitude of sources so, it will be an aim of ours to bring as many of these sources together as indeed does the forum and Bimota clubs around the World already, where we can to share this facility so that everyone can benefit. The factory stocks are getting lower so something must be done to preserve the "storico" models and we aim to take this on board.

There will be more announcements in the coming weeks, a regular quality Bimotisti magazine (this will be a subscription based publication for Bimota owners only) and also a regular e-newsletter.

We are here to offer a good service, its not going to be easy, nothing is these days especially with the internet, the medium where everyone seems to have an answer to a problem, nobody else does and no one else knows very much expect the person writing the piece at the time. Respect for others views, suggestions and opinions needs to be considered at all times. Sorry for the small rant but if anyone out there thinks they know it all please share it with the rest of us, as in this global village we all ride within; we could all use a little help from time to time and lets be honest none of us know everything!

If you want to know more or as much as we can tell you so far, please contact us at : info@ukbimota.com. You may also like to look at BIKE magazine in a couple of weeks, the start of the story is featured in the magazine.

I can tell you there are some truly wonderful things planned for the marque, but to repeat the journey is not going to be an easy one, and it may take a while to get the facility in the UK to a position where the vast majority ( we always aim to please but, being realistic you are never going to please all the owners/riders all of the time) are happy with what we are trying to achieve; but, we hope you will all want to play a part for the future of the company?

New bikes are available to order NOW (including HB4 if you are a racer) and if you want a test on a tesi or a blast on a Delerio let us know we will bring one around to show you (ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY*)

Thanks for the interest in BIMOTA and hope to speak with you all soon.

UK Bimota.

*usual common sense riding conditions apply.
Pompey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you and good luck... with a name like UK Bimota what else could you do? Laughing
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thank you for the very comprehensive enlightenment Wink
It will be good to have another distributor.
Where in the south will you be based?
UKbimota

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Note there is only ONE DISTRIBUTOR! Dealers are dealers!
We are responsible for everything Bimota in the UK and Eire.
Ukb
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch.....
my mistake.
So where in the south will you be based?
oily

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After doing a google......
Would you be AMV motorcycles, high street, edenbride, kent?
UKbimota

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the registered office. Don't worry we will tell you all more details during the next couple of months.
The re-launch of the brand in the uk will be interesting. If you need further info can I ask you to use : info@ukbimota.com as we will not be using the forum on a daily basis.
Thanks
UKB
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOhh!! a launch - free test rides on Tesi's and lots of free goodies and scantily clad ladies and test rides on Tesis and free sandwiches and test rides.......... Very Happy
PLEASE don't arrange it for late February like the MV test day at Rockingham Wink
UKbimota

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geekay

Tesi 3 are available to order!!!! Have you ever ridden one?

SANDWICHS!!!!!!!!!!!! surely you mean Panini LOL!!!

As for Scantily clad ladies, it will need to be warm then Wink

UKB
GeeKay

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UKbimota wrote:

Tesi 3 are available to order!!!! Have you ever ridden one?

No - but I will if you have got one as a demo........... Wink

SANDWICHS!!!!!!!!!!!! surely you mean Panini LOL!!!

by sandwiches I was inferring that they would be of the Parma ham + melon & salad type, not potted dog Smile

As for Scantily clad ladies, it will need to be warm then Wink

no - cold will do nicely. Somewhere to hang my jacket then.......... Very Happy

zombie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys got anything to do with Red Dog Motorcycles or London Super Bikes? Your registered address is very close to Red Dog.
UKbimota

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: UK BIMOTA Reply with quote

zombie wrote:
Have you guys got anything to do with Red Dog Motorcycles or London Super Bikes? Your registered address is very close to Red Dog.

Hi Zombie and Bimota forum members

To answer your question.

It is pure coincidence that our registered office (for the moment) is in Edenbridge.

I can confirm UK BIMOTA ARE NOT CONNECTED TO RED DOG OR LONDON SUPERBIKES.

I hope this answers you question?

We will have more news soon and if you need any other information such as when can I buy a NEW Bimota please contact : info@ukbimota.com

Watch the press soon for a DB7 test (Bike magazine) and also news of the DB6 Superlight plus much more in the coming months!

Regards
UKB

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE AWARE THE BIMOTA WEB SITE IS BOTH OUT OF DATE AND MAYBE OFF THE NET ON VARIOUS OCCASIONS . THIS IS BEING CHANGED SO EXPECT SOME ISSUES FOR A SHORT PERIOD UNTIL ITS RIGHT. Thank you for your understanding.

You are welcome to contact us any time.

Last edited by UKbimota on Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
oily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: UK BIMOTA Reply with quote

UKbimota wrote:

I can confirm UK BIMOTA ARE NOT CONNECTED TO RED DOG OR LONDON SUPERBIKES.

Well that's good news. Quite a few people were hoping this was the case Wink
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news, I felt much safer when we changed Windscale to Sellafield. I often thought we should have gone that one step further and called nuclear radiation magic moon beams instead? Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: