Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

UK BIMOTA
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pompey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then Oily... My sister inlaw just posted on facebook that " If you cant have a midnight snack why put a light in the fridge? ' I replied, " The same reason a woman takes her pants off to go to bed... just because you can see it, does not make it available." Wink

On a serious note I think its great some one is trying to put a Bimota franchise together in the south. I'll be looking forward to ride outs in that direction and we should all support them as much as we can...
oily

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Yep, I agree, as long as they do what they say, they'll get all the support they need Wink
As for ride out's in that direction........What direction?
They haven't yet divulged where they will be based Laughing
Location, Location, Location Wink
UKbimota

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Edenbridge Reply with quote

Now now Pompey, we have said there is no connection we mean it. NO CONNECTION is any way in any form what so ever either in change of name paper, wives, girlfriends, bikes, cars shops, NUFFING DO WE MAKE OURSELVES PERFECTLY CLEAR........? Must be the marines gettiing into your head constantly saying to you "don't believe a bloody word anyone tells you!!! LOL

As for Oily's comments "Yep, I agree, as long as they do what they say, they'll get all the support they need" well having spent two hours on the phone to the factory last night at 21.00 their time, they have told me demos of DB5, DB6, DB7 AND DB8 WILL BE HERE IN APRIL MAY AND I WILL MAKE AN OPEN INVITATION FOR YOU ALL TO TRY THEM.

Location, at the moment planned for East Sussex, but could be near Goodwood or possibly Brands Hatch. It needs to be right and I can agree that the ride out to the new facility will also be part of the experience so we will do our best to make it a location which will include a good bike ride.

There will be more info in the next two weeks for service/warranty points in the UK for the new bikes. NOT HERTFORDSHIRE OR EDENBRIDGE before you mention it please!!!!

Pompey you said "On a serious note I think its great some one is trying to put a Bimota franchise together in the south"

This is great and thank you for your support, but to be clear if we may? The "Franchise, the Bimota distributorship" is for the UK & Eire. There will be service points for service warranty etc. Initially the bikes will be sold from the distributors location. Its words I know but they are sometimes misread. The lines of communicatioon will be :

Factory - Distibutor(Franchise) in each Country - dealers/services points and then and a bit of news "La BIMOTaIFOSI" a digital mag once a month planned for you all in the UK & Eire.! More in a couple of weeks.

Hope this clears up some concerns?

email or call us directly if you want any information, I would rather you do that and put the truth on the forum rather than write something that then requires mounds of replies to correct it. PLEASE! Very Happy Very Happy
Pompey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said Mr UK Bimota!
oily

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
He's got you sussed Pompey
UKbimota

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: UK Bimota Reply with quote

Thanks Duncan,

I think we all want to see the same, and that is Bimota being a really great bike to be riding in the UK, older ones, new ones and future models and the riders being able to get together, enjoy the rides, stories and general banter, great fun really.

I think the future is great for the marque and we are looking forward to the ride.

UKB
Lynton

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: BimotaUK Reply with quote

And.........................................!

Dear Mr BimotaUK, please can you let us know the progress....
UKbimota

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject: Sunny Rimini Reply with quote

Dear Mr Stewart-Ashley (Lynton to his friends) welcome to the Bimota fourm. You will find many friends on here!

You know the problem with modern communications is this: Just because you can turn on a PC and it may fix something or give you information immediately, in the real world it just takes a tad longer to make things happen, and I say happen rather than just chat about it!

The deal with Bimota was signed just a over (1 day over) eight weeks ago and considering all the C**p that went before, making it happen to a standard we want and you, as Bimota owners riders expect will take a few months /years (yes that long) to achieve.

So far 100% of people I have talked to on email, forums and personally have said "I must be mad to undertake this challenge!" Its not going to be easy but as many have said before if it was that easy everyone would be doing it.

As I write this ditty, I am on my balcony overlooking the adriatic sea, its sunny and warm (give me a break I have just flown Ryan Air!).

My Italian is improving, even if its to say "Grand Bier par Favore".

I have a long day planned on Wednesday with the nice people at via Giaccaglia, and they are nice people I can assure you, and I will make sure after my day at the factory I hope to be able to answer most of your questions. NO not why the Bimota did not finish in the top three last weekend!!!!

I am told the following bikes are coming to the UK; DB5, 6,7 & 8 and the one many of you have asked to try the TESI 3, so as soon as they are here you will know about it.

I also spent a pleasant morning talking to Sig Massimo Tamburini so the week has started well, lets hope it continues!

More is planned but please, it takes time to make sure its right, we can only go so fast; well we can go faster if all of you wanted to order new bikes............... over to you!!!!

Yours with a glass of Barolo (Its my madness medicine) in hand.

UKB
Lynton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear..... many a plan of mice & men.... and all that.

If your busy schedule allows, there is an old bike museum in Rimini called the Museo Nazionale del Motociclo- quite a few Bimotas there, including the Tesi Honda - don't know if you've been there...

Best regards,

Lynton
UKbimota

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Raining in Rimini Reply with quote

Hi Lynton,

Yes I know, however unless one tries is hard to say if it will succeed or not!

I have a good feeling that nearly everyone wants it to succeed so thats good, there are a lot of doubters but as Kipling said:

"If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting" etc etc etc

So we will see.

Thanks for the heads up about the museum, its closed Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays! See if I have some time Thursday before I leave!

Regards
UKB
GeeKay

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham
as you are already out there, be a good chap and ask the Bimota staff if it will be OK for me to pay them a visit during my tour in northern Italy in September Wink
and tell them to have a Tesi 3 prepped and ready to go! Very Happy
have a glass of vino for me
ciao,
Garry.
UKbimota

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Visits Reply with quote

Hi Garry,

For sure its on the list of things to talk about, how we can make the "Factory visit" a real experience. Rides in the Rimini Hills etc etc.

I know you want to try a Tesi and hopefully you will be able to do that before september.

Keep you and the others posted for all the news.

Barolo is good here Wink

Kind regards

UKB aka Graham Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: