Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Tesi 1D or not 1D

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RWG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Tesi 1D or not 1D Reply with quote

Hi Folk's

I wonder if any one who has seen the Tesi on Ebay, item number 201285490946 should you frequent said medium can enlighten me which model it is?

My questions are,

1D 851cc or 1D 906 or 1D 906SR, the seller claims (1D Sr 904cc) but I thought the SR version had different mirrors and the mirror mounting was also different, when viewing images on net, it is confusing.

Also do both versions share the same top cockpit fairing just different mirror mounting points and are the top panels still availale, as I seem to recal body parts available in America some time ago?

Tesi Evolution:
As I understand showing mirror placement, and the one on Ebay is the only one with mirros in 1D 851 picture on net. How can I get confirmaion on the model & motor size, I am assuming engine cases will all show similar designation such as ****851*** if you get my drift.
1D 851
1D 906
1D 906SR
1D 906ES
1D EF

Finaly, what is body work made from Fibreglass/Kelvar Resin or Carbon?

Regards
Paul
RWG
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That dealer has a few bims...all imported from Italy...and to me a bit on the "dear" side

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bimota-TESI-1D-SR-SUPER-RARE-/201285490946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2edd8cd902

Bimota Classic parts still has full bodywork for those bikes...and I think its Airtech in America that still makes the bodywork for the bikes also...as they do Bimota DB1 stuff also

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/bimota/bimotatesi1d.htm

bodywork is normally VERY thick fibreglass...although Bimota Classic parts does have some carbon stuff also

Dont be hung up too much on mirrors, bodyparts etc etc...all Bimotas were/are a constant development process of whatever bits they had lying around to finish each bike....

Crankcases wont help you with engine size....theres just a Ducati serial number on them.....only thing that tells you engine size is the Bimota frame paque that will be rivetted to the subframe to the right hand side...but I imagine thats hidden by the upper fairing on that bikes being all enclosed....also the italian documents should state the engine size.....

Those tesis have the infamous "futuristic" lcd dash...that is in Kms on that bike...and cant be changed to mph....thats a different unit.......also that bike would require a LOT of fettling if you want to run it....to fit a new battery you have to strip the entire bike...and front end...and take off the omega plates and swing arms and headstock frame to slot one in...then change everything thats rubber on the bike....brake caliper refresh, tyres, bearings....I'd reckon 3-4,000 GBP to get it road ready if farming out the work outside.....and then a brave man to ride it.......

If having it as a lounge toy...then fair enough....each to their own...
RWG

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a great informative reply many thanks 2bim's never would have known that detail work just for battery let alone fuel lines. Need to sit in darkened room and consider next step, was going to PX a brand new never registered Ducati 1098s Tricolore because I sold Panigale Tricolore and miss the buss and did not wish to register 1098. SB8 might be a better option?
Cheers
Paul
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SB8K Santa Monica or SB8R Carbon?....dealer has one of each.....I know of another SB8K Santa Monica that is "new" and is already UK registered and is cheaper than the dealers......

Dont mind that dealer trying to sell at the prices he has bikes for...thats his job...but he makes no mention as to whether he would be servicing the bikes to be road ready....converting clocks to mph....nova declaration after import....DVLA registering them....converting lights to UK spec ...or even MOT'ing them....it seems he has happened across a few Bims from Italy and just wants to sell them on as collecters pieces rather than running and riding machines.....The Santa Clocks for example are very similar to those on the Vdue.....and you need the right software to get them to change over to read in MPH as opposed to Kms....and the headlights would kick to the right and not the left and hence an MOT fail also....speedos though arent a MOT requirement...

If interested in the bikes from that dealer make sure you do your homework in asking all the relevant questions....If they have never been registered before even in Italy...there could be a first registration fee payable of 20%...(VAT)....Dealer should have done Notification Of Vehicle Arrival within 2 weeks of importing.....which is done with the HMRC...and then declares whether Nil tax is payable or 20% of bike value is payable....a vehicle imported from Europe now has to have this important documentation BEFORE DVLA will process paperwork for a V5....Late notification of vehicle arrival has a 7 quid penalty PER day of late notification.....

If you want the buzz of riding a bike then fair enough...make sure the dealer would be doing the requisite work to ensure this would be so...and within his prices advertised....otherwise I'd walk away from each of them.

Interested in a Tesi 3D? Bimota DB5R 1000cc? or a Bimota DB5 Mille?...I have a couple of friends that have these for sale...but are quite quiet individuals.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: