Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Fob disaster!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Fob disaster! Reply with quote

As I was pulling out onto the road from my driveway I looked down to see my nifty Bimota key fob heading toward the ground! I caught the fob, but the brass binding screw was nowhere to be found Sad
I'm doing some work on the bike today and found the little screw tucked into the front of the fairing, however the tubular part is nowhere to be found. I did some browsing on the net and found a few that might work, all I needed to do was order a hundred of them!
I don't suppose that the supplier of the fobs might be able to supply one of those little puppies, would they?

Best Regards from the Vortex, Spike
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeeso Spike....have you ever considered that Bimota ownership just isnt in the Lords plan for you?...I mean we all love a trier but just when are you going to catch a break? Next you'll be telling us a racoon broke into your house and widdled all over your recently received copy of "Practical Sportsbikes"........

Out of the batch of 30 ordered and delivered...exactly 30 pins and threaded connectors came with them I'm afraid......Sounds like you'd be bettter off using a nice little 4mm mushroom cap bolt like Bimota use on rear mudguard attachment....with a nylock nut on the back.........
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, 32bims! I shoulda thought of that myself! I have just the bits to do that, too.
I will ever give upon this magnificent machine! Everything is just about sorted, except for the custom shop loosing the decals for the rejunivated tail fairing just as they were about to clear coat it..... Fortunately Bob is in Italy right now and sent me a set of the decals this morning.
When I was working for a living I made custom jewelry and difficulties often arose, I just figure out what needs to be done and do it.
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Messrs Steinburger to which you refer of BimotaSpirit?

Is he in Italy trying to see whether Bimota can deal with America again, or checking to see if the factory is actually still active and trading?

As I said...God loves a trier....makes up for all us otherwise lazy people that cant be bothered....keep on trying..... Laughing

As I thought about the 4mm mushroom bolt thingie I did think...Hhmmm...would that look better than the original brass spindley thing???...off to try meself
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have actually had an enormous amount of good luck after bad all my life, it seems. From getting shot in the chest in SE Asia and living to tell of it to the recent bash on the shoulder that acted like a torn rotator cuff that turned out to only be a multiple fracture of the right scapula. Bone heals better than torn muscle, tendon or ligemint!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirley all you need are the dimensions of the part and a friendly machinist or workshop, they can turn you a piece. What could be more Bimota than a bespoke spacer ?
Cool Cool Cool
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
I have actually had an enormous amount of good luck after bad all my life, it seems. From getting shot in the chest in SE Asia and living to tell of it to the recent bash on the shoulder that acted like a torn rotator cuff that turned out to only be a multiple fracture of the right scapula. Bone heals better than torn muscle, tendon or ligemint!

I share your philosophy on life Spike...when seemingly something bad happens I analyse and realise jist how bad it could have been and hence then feel lucky....It'd be a pleasure to share a "half full" glass of beer with you....
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My door is open!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeC wrote:
My door is open!

Glad you didnt say "back door"........... Shocked
russtysplit

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you let me know the dimensions and what material you would like (stainless/brass/copper etc - NOT gold/platinum or other expensive stuff) I'll make you one up and post it to you.
I'm always on some machine or other - either a lathe/miller/surface grinder or just plane old vice and a file.
Gotta go - my beer is half empty !
SpikeC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rusty! However, while sweeping the driveway the other day the tiny little part appeared in a crack in the concrete! I have reassembled the fob with some low strength locktite and all is well in the world once again!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little home maintenance can always prove fruitful.....glad your fob is at one with itself again Spike....Did you get my pm by the way?
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! Thanks, and I acted on it!
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: