Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

New people in charge ( Again)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vort28

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: New people in charge ( Again) Reply with quote

Well I am sure it will not come as a surprise to most, but from what I was told on a trip to Italy last week , Bimota are under new ownership AGAIN !!!!!!

Everything that can be sold off , has been ( Bimota Classic Parts) and all that is left is a few BB3 frames , but no engines or suspension , oh and staffing is down to the caretaker and someone to answer phones.

Generally not looking good .

Sad
Bimota Classic Parts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you could visit the new historic warehouse Bimota Classic Parts. The headquarter is located in the region Umbria half way between Florence and Rome.

GPS coordinates:
Lat. 42,983880
Long. 11,956677

https://flic.kr/p/rPj6ja
https://flic.kr/p/qSBEY2

Kindly Regards,
Paolo Wink
P. iva 01084400520
cell. +39 3343686888
tel/fax +39 057821986
e-mail: info@bimotaclassicparts.com
web: www.bimotaclassicparts.com
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame, I met a few of the staff last year, it was like being part of a family
Falcolion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, no bike production. What are they planning on doing? It sucks if they are going out of business. Tell me it isn't so
2008 BMW HP2 Sport
2007 Aprilia RSVR Bol D'Or
2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica
2005 Benelli Tornado Tre
2002 Mondial Piega
brian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: New people in charge ( Again) Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:
Well I am sure it will not come as a surprise to most, but from what I was told on a trip to Italy last week , Bimota are under new ownership AGAIN !!!!!!

Everything that can be sold off , has been ( Bimota Classic Parts) and all that is left is a few BB3 frames , but no engines or suspension , oh and staffing is down to the caretaker and someone to answer phones.

Sad

That's a real shame vort. Another chapter closes in the rocky history which is Bimota. Hopefully another chapter will begin.
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
motokosta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New people in charge ( Again) Reply with quote

vort28 wrote:

Sad
This sort of rubbish really pisses me off. I really don’t know where you got this from Vort but you obviously must keep your head in the sand to have believed it. Did you see what Bimota had at the TT just last week? We had a factory backed two rider team. We had the biggest awning in the paddock with six new bikes on display including two new TT specific bikes a BB3 T Trofeo and a Tesi T Trofeo plus the two race bikes plus a BB3 frame swingarm assembly displayed as art which even the owner of Norton sneaked in to have a look at. At the factory as of two months ago Peirluigi Marconi (the father of the Tesi) is back as manager and production is up nearly fivefold on what it was before the takeover. I don’t know why anybody would want to make a fool of them self and post such rubbish or what their motivation could possibly be.
JRH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was just about to say...... Ask the importer 😄
vort28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish it was not so , but have been told from numerous different sources now. 2 of whom have independently been to the factory within the last month and have no axe to grind.
Crying or Very sad

Motokosta - If it is bollocks then quite happy to say I have been mislead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: