Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB5R Brake pads?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: DB5R Brake pads? Reply with quote

Does anyone know which type of brake pad came on this bike? At some point I will need a new set and would like to use the same as it came with.
I have not noticed marking on them, and retailers only specify which ones for bike brands which never mention Bimota!
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres normally 3 types of pads...which nowadays are identified by the backing plate by colour....red is a harsher race type...more bite but more wear on disc...and you can get organic...wear quicker and less effective...normally they fit "standard" as standard....

This is what the Brembo site says for Delirio DB6R...strangely they dont list Db5 or 5R..but they are the same calipers anyhow...regardless of Db5 or DB6 or year

http://am-moto.brembo.com/en/results/bimota/db6-r-delirio/1100/2010/pads/front

Theres racing, performance, premium and genuine....although nothing written on them...the colour of the backing plate and colour of pad material differentiates between them...The genuine are carbon ceramic pads...as fitted as OEM...ignore the picture of the plate itself...its generic.

As an upgrade folk go for red back plated stuff...sure supposed to stop quicker of you need it...but will be at the expense of eating your discs more..
SpikeC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 45 Bims! I have no need for upgrade as the standard ones are more than enough for road work?
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd agree spike...the lightness of the bike...decent tyres and the power of the brakes is more than adequate....
CNC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have also the option of putting 4 pads in one caliper (one for each cylinder). I have this originally fitted to my DB5 and the brakes are super strong despite 310mm discs... but can be too "scantcy" for some. You have to be careful with the right hand... You can find both on brembo site, but like Steve said, Genuine class are optimal:

http://moto.brembo.com/en/
kiwigeoff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it’s of any use but the callipers on my 2006 DB6 are the same as a KTM Superduke of the same year. I sourced some new piston seals from the local KTM dealer while troubleshooting front break issues.
I think that they use the same Brembo calliper on Aprilia’s of the same vintage as well.

Mine has the 4 pads by the way and the new seals did not fix anything.
I have now replaced the disks and all is good.

2006 DB6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: