Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

motorcycle shipping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimip86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: motorcycle shipping Reply with quote

Hi

Can anybody recommend and company to collect a bike from Germany and deliver to uk ?
trying to figure out if its cheaper to just drive there in van or have it shipped
Bike is located near Munich and would be going to the Manchester area.
laminator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used GearShift to bring a few bikes over from Italy and Switzerland. If I remember correctly it was about £300 - £350. The bikes were wrapped in blankets and strapped down well in the back of a van. Only damage was a broken rear indicator but could of been broken before it went in the van, plus I'd got spares anyway.

Gordon Wheelock 07909 335 697. They transport items from all over Europe, maybe worth calling him to see when I might be able to collect it and where he is, unless anyone else has a good contact.
Jimip86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks , that seems like good value to me.
Would spend way more in fuel and ferries and hotels etc.
Picked my Bimota up from Germany myself but the drive was a killer in van.
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chas Mortimer was recommended to me when I was chasing a DB1 in Italy last year, check out their website.
http://www.chasmortimer.co.uk/motorcycle-transportation/
I couldn't agree a deal with the seller in the end, so had no need of their services but I would most likely have entrusted them with the job if I had been able to buy it.
Good luck, Paul
vort28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used Chas quite a few times.
Think there are cheaper but not always the best. And other thing with Chas is they are all his vans, some places contract stuff out.
Chas has the Bonhams auction contact , so can't be that bad.
He is very busy though and you may have to wait a few weeks for collection/delivery.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Transport back from Germany Reply with quote

Hopefully I'll be buying a bike near Stuttgart soon and need it shipping back to UK .
Anybody got any further suggestions to those listed above?
bimotanige

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as Vort I've used Chas Mortimer with good results
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As per Vort and BimotaNige...have used Chaz mortimer a few times with no grumbles....used a bunch based in Blackpool once...and despite assurances that all bikes were carried inside vans....the delivery man turned up with a trailer hitched up to the back of the van...admittedly no bikes were on the trailer....but when mine was wheeled out it had all the tell tale signs of having spent some of its mid winter collection from Holland on the back of a trailer....if they only use a van why did it have a towbar and trailer on the back of it??....hence changed to Chaz and been happy since
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: