Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

PowerCommander vs. Pegaso

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: PowerCommander vs. Pegaso Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the Dynojet power commander can work with the DB5R Pegaso computer system?
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friend with a Mille Db5...running a Pegaso ECU...pretty sure he had it sorted with a Power Commander...I'll dig out what he said and ask again what he used/did

This was his comments back in March:-

got bike done yesterday, ghezzi and db5 on same day, the poor man. Db5 was massively lean everywhere, which explains why I didn’t like the feel of the engine. Lots of messing about to try to get a proper fuelling reading. Paul couldn’t believe how crude the bim ecu was. Took him a long time to get it at around 13.5 air/fuel ratio across the range. Now 11 bhp more and a much cooler running engine. It was around 16-17.5 ratio from 4000 upwards! He had no prob getting into the ecu in order to get the p.commander to work, so that was good news.
My db5 had never been touched injection wise, just Zard silencers fitted, so as is from the factory! Looking forward to riding it now. Can thoroughly reccomed Paul at Dyno bikes in Malton. He now has info on db5’s as a result of mine, so everyone else’s would be much quicker and easier.
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 556bims! Although mine doesn't run badly, it could for sure run better. It sometimes wants to stumble just off idle and occasionally dies resulting in an unscheduled dismount.
1965 Triumph T100SC
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhhmm...thats something not needed...if only it was good old carbs....and just wind a screw out a little further....couldnt you take some slack out of the throttle cable to keep it ticking over higher?

I'll ask Howard...owner of DB5 what Power Commander he used on his bike
Jbuffa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike, have you used the "mini tune" software from Bimota? I have the software and cable but have not used it. Your welcome to try it if you want. I can send it to you and just send back when your done.
SpikeC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer, I have the software and cable from Bimota but have not had much luck getting it to cooperate with my old Dell laptop. I think I will try setting the TPS when I get back from my ride. A friend and I will be riding down the coast to California tomorrow, zigzagging to and fro between the ocean and the coast range.
1965 Triumph T100SC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: