Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Red, White, Carbon SB6 Wanted
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PTG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Red, White, Carbon SB6 Wanted Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm after a red, white, carbon SB6. I'm based in Essex but can ship if need be.

Thanks.

Paul.
GeeKay

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.moto.it/moto-usate/bimota/sb6-1100/sb6-1100-1994-97/6159077
PTG

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, OK then! Thought I did a fairly good Google search but obviously not! Does it seem legit? When I said about shipping I guess I had Scotland or Wales in mind! Shocked Anyone bought one from overseas?

Paul.
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of "ship" would you use to transport from Scotland to Essex?

Couriers that collect and deliver bikes will also do so from Foreign Countries.....and theres more choice and perhaps better prices with the Euro v GBP in both Italy and Germany

Around 15 SB6's currently for sale in Germany/Italy...although most are 6R's and only 2 in your chosen colour scheme...

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=212588225&zipcode=&adLimitation=&zipcodeRadius=&drivingMode=&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&scopeId=MB&makeModelVariant1.makeId=3400&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=sb6&pageNumber=1

Theres quite a few of us on here that have bought from overseas....mostly mainland europe....as availability of stock is far higher there than just plain ol' UK
PTG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An airship? Very Happy

Seriously though, when referred to these days, paying 'shipping' costs doesn't always mean your goods are going to go via ship. I meant only in general terms, i.e. crated or put in the back of a van as opposed to ridden home.

I've looked up some courier costs and checked the import tax and it seems viable. There's also another SB6 in the right colours in the Netherlands, a thousand or so fewer Ks on the clock, but a year older and 1500 euros dearer. Starts to put the tax up, though cheaper to freight. Will have to weigh it up.

Thanks for letting me know about the relative frequency of importing bikes, that puts my mind at rest regarding having to do that.

Paul.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starts to put the tax up??

If buying and importing a previously registered bike or car from anywhere in Europe...to the UK....theres no tax to pay...either import, VAT or anything else....thats why its called the European Union...free transmit across borders.......

Any bike from Netherlands, Italy, Germany etc....if previously registered....and older than 10 years old...its just a case of getting it to the UK...insuring it on the frame number...then an MOT and fill out the forms to get a V5...oh...and the NOVA notification also to HMRC

Theres a fair few on here that have "risked" trusting Bimota owners in foreign countries about the bikes and have "simply" transferred monies after exchange of a few emails and attached detailed pictures...then organised a courier to collect....usually 300-450 depending from where in Europe....buying unseen...not for the faint hearted Shocked
PTG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well I did think there must be some benefit to that thar Union. Having never done it before, I did a bit of research and it looked as though I'd have to pay VAT at least? I used this site to calculate:

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-import-duty-and-tax-calculation/saved_calculations/view_details/193859637/

I think it's the age that hasn't been taken into account there though.

So if I just have to get it here then all the better! It really does make one of the two I'm looking at a reasonable deal.

I've had a quote of £980 to get the bike from Rome, which seems a bit steep compared to the prices you mention - though perhaps you had Germany or the Netherlands in mind? Saying that, do you have any recommendations for transport please?

Agreed, not for the faint hearted, but I think this dealership in Rome is a lightly better bet than the private sale in the Netherlands. Having said that, the dealership only has 5 machines for sale, mostly scooters, and then an SB6! Is that slightly fishy or just random?

Paul.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Chas Mortimer...its the only guy I've used (re - Company, Mototrans)

Price should be less than half what youve quoted for Rome to Essex

http://www.chasmortimer.co.uk/
PTG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for all your comments and help 2bims!

Paul.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait around a bit and something will trun up in the UK. You might have to paint it though Wink

Have you ridden one ?
PTG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evilchicken, but I don't fancy painting one! I prefer bikes as stock as they come ideally.

I've seen several SB6's advertised in the UK over the years and most seem to be red/grey. Did they make any red, white, carbon examples for the UK market? I'd be happy to wait for one if so, but can't say I've ever seen one.

It may sound a bit strange, but it must be r, w, c! I have very strong and particular tastes Rolling Eyes

Never ridden one, truth be told I buy very little based on performance/handling, mostly on looks and desirability. I guess that makes me a new wave biker for sure. Either that or an aesthete! Most bikes are plenty powerful enough for me anyways. As for the handling, I've never really stretched any on the road. That all said, are you going to tell me that they handle like a dog?! Laughing

Paul.
Evilchicken0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raspberry Ripple paint was a factory option, the carbon is a sticker and some were green where the carbon is, they were imported into the UK. They handle nicely but obviously not like a modern bike there's a roughish spot in the revs near 4k but there's a much wider sweet spot were the engine balances right out and there now vibes .... the seat can be a bit hard sometimes.
I think oily had one in those colours, don't know if he sold it.
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bimota would make whatever colour was wanted for any market if you ordered special...only the first series of Sb6's were red/white/carbon...that said theres supposed to be 790 of them originally made in that colour scheme.....but given sales to over 30 countries...bikes in collections and written off/repainted...you can imagine why very few come up for sale....which is true for most bimotas.....You have to take account that in the first 25 years of the company they only made 11,000 bikes....which works out at a mere 440 per year...

I checked out that "tax to pay" calculator you used...and yeh...its basic...does say a the bottom that Import duty wouldnt be due between EU states...and the other monies added are VAT...which only applies to "new goods" being imported where the VAT hasnt previously been paid in the Originator EU country...When a vehicle has been registered for its first road use the VAT at the time is paid in that EU state and not again in a member state..

If you want to look at red/white/carbon ones....click on the piccies on here....all bikes with frame nos up to the 600's or so appear to be red/white

http://www.bimota.ch/register/register_bimota_sb_en.html#sb6
PTG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

Raspberry ripple indeed! Smile I'm not going to be able to see it as anything else now! Anyone remember the RAE aircraft scheme? Wink

Thought I noticed some with green on them as well. Following the link to the register I got to see a little more of the variety of schemes. Defo still prefer the ripple scheme.

Re the "tax to pay" site - just like me not to read the small print. Either way - just glad I won't have to pay all that stuff!

Re the handling - that sounds fine. I'm used to riding 90's metal - in fact I'm pretty much stuck in the 90's with my kit. I'm currently selling the only noughties bike I have! I ride 916's so I'm used to being on plank with wheels. Haven't bothered with the latest visible trend of getting plumper, flag emblazoned seat covers etc. I was about to ask if anyone had tried a Power Commander in order to level out the flat spot, then remembered - carbs! Embarassed

It's funny, passing my test at 21 in '97, I feel that perhaps I should be into all the latest and greatest plastic fantastics, but I just can't tear myself away from the 90's stuff. I guess it's because I was relatively young and impressionable at that time and so bikes of that era hold a certain nostalgia for me. That and I'm now at an age where I can afford to buy them! Wink

Paul.
PTG

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Italians have gone quiet as soon as I mentioned service docs etc. Still leaves the one in NL, but the chap is on hols at the moment - that time of year I guess.

Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bikes Wanted All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: