Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB6 Pegaso ECU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
delirio1100

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DB6 is on the road again. At the end an easy fix. The ECU is perfectly fine, CARMO was right, thanks god. I should have digged into it more seriously instead of riding other bikes and left her sitting for almost 3 years.
I even consider putting back the PC V with autotune to be able to fine-tune as Ducati 2 cylinders are a little rough around 2-3000 rpm.
The diagnostic communication problem is still not solved and will remain a mystery.
Quackers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news Hans. So, spill the beans, what was the fix in your case?

Quackers

PS: Your bike is looking good Cool
delirio1100

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Mike, I was so happy that I forgot… TPS-signal was missing.
By the way, as a side effect the instrument cluster was behaving strange the whole time. When I turned on the ignition all LEDs went on and the needle was shaking. That’s gone as well.
stockcar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broken wire or something else??
Quackers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question Stockcar. And in addition Hans - how was the fault diagnosed?

Am pleased that your bike's now running better though.
delirio1100

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One could tell by the exhaust that the mixture was too rich, so that’s why I was after the diagnostic software to check the TPS-position. Well, we all know that this part is still not solved.
With the ECU checked and being OK, I was hoping for a simple fix, like these guys on YouTube who buy not running cars at COPART and fix it with a new fuse …. Smile
I took the schematics and did some tracing and measuring and found the one faulty pin of the 3-pin connector for the throttle body. The reason for that faulty pin was homemade: when I installed the PowerCommander many years ago, I mangled a pin. It worked for years, but from one to the other day it had bad contact.
Stupid me, I ripped of all the PC components, because I thought it has messed up the ECU.
As said before, I may install it again, because with the autotune function, it will smooth out the map.
Quackers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation Hans. Good catch. Let's hope the PC smooths the power delivery.

For what it's worth, mine's off to a Dyno v soon. It's quite a bit later than I was anticipating 'cos I've been looking for a PC3 (& it's taken me ages to find a decent one).

The Dyno will have a concerted effort to communicate with the ECU. A long shot maybe, but worth a try.

If we're unable to gain access to (and modify) the ECU map then we'll install the PC3.

That's Plan A anyway.
Quackers

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2023 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now have a PC3 installed - set-up on a Dyno. The fuelling is now v good across the rev range, and it also now starts from cold fuss-free. TFFT Very Happy.

For what it's worth, it wasn't possible to communicate with the Pegaso ECU direct Confused.
delirio1100

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much horsepower have you got?

First DB6 ride this year reminded me how rough she runs at low revs. Time to get the PC back in soon.

My last mod really worked, reflective tape on the back side of the seat keeps your butt cold.
Quackers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

90 rear wheel horse power - mine's a 1000 (992cc) & not the 1100. Not too shabby at all.

I like the idea of the reflective tape under the rider seat. I'm going to knick that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: