Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Newby (ish) now has a bike!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Newby (ish) now has a bike! Reply with quote

Arrived today from Germany!! 1994 DB2SR, 16000km, details already posted to the register. It was on the production 'line' next to 2Bims steed so be good to reacquaint them at some point.

This was photo before transport. Seems to be very clean though; first impression 'in the flesh' (bought unseen apart from photos) is that its gorgeous with only 1 minute scrape I hadn't noticed in the photos.
Will post some current photos when I can get some outside without rain (this is Wales so be patient!)

Need to have a good poke around and acquaint myself with all the myriad of things I don't understand but looking forward to it immensely. significant changes may wait a bit as I'm not working at present but this was too good a chance to pass up. Lets hope the 'Bim' virus can be controlled

Last edited by welshlamb on Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Welshlamb...and welcome to the often frustrating but ultimately rewarding world of "actual Bimota ownership"...glad it turned up all right and just before Crimbo also........

Slight scrape not noticed in photos??????? Oh my God....now you've got my OCD at fever pitch....what did I miss???????

Have you perchance tried to start it up? Or at least turned the key?
brian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Newby (ish) now has a bike! Reply with quote

welshlamb wrote:
Arrived today from Germany!! 1984 DB2SR, details already posted to the register.

1994 maybe.

Congrats on the new bike mate
'99 DB4 #104, '96 SB6 #1165, '94 DB2 J #652, '99 DB4 #088, '08 VTX1800, '93 ZXR750R M1, '95 ZXR750, '95 ZXR750 Race Bike, '94 CBR400rr NC29 Race Bike, '94 CB250, '49 BSA C10 250, '61 BSA A10 650, '89 ZXR750, '91 Ducati 851
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr yeah 1994 (thick fingers syndrome...good thing I'm not an FX trader!!)
The key just tried to make sure, panel lights up, fuel pumps whirrs, not sure there's enough petrol to prime though.
Bike put to bed now so will have to wait until tomorrow!
2bims

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuel tap is reachable and has to be down vertical to be on....horizontal is up...off...theres no reserve...just a 45 degree crank..........Fuel pump....depends on model or if changed...on my DB2 carbie its standard pump and clicks and whirrs until carbs primed and then stops whirring....I have a glass bottle fuel filter in-line so I can always check to see if fuel is coming through...as sometimes I forget to turn the fuel on and it just whirrs and whirrs......If its got a Ducati pump though they whirr all the time regardless of whether primed or running.......
PaulDB2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Welshlamb, you will have no chance with resisting the 'Bim' virus, it is highly contagious with no known cure!
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Slight scrape not noticed in photos??????? Oh my God....now you've got my OCD at fever pitch....what did I miss???????

Don't worry Steve, only some tiny marks on one of the 'fuel injection' decals (RHS for the record)

Hopefully I will check petrol (and tap) tomorrow and fire it up It had belts and fluids change before sale to me which was nice. The van driver said the sellers 'Man cave' was built inside and old wooden barn. A steel structure provides a mezzanine floor for bike display (with industrial lift for access)and downstairs a full blown 'clinical' workshop area and a large 'chill zone'. Nice to know that my fantasy has been shared by someone able to realise it!.... and LOTS of bikes

Now ...lets get the bike (no name yet) registered.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the wife even thinks the metallic green paint is beautiful (right as always!)
Piso

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Welcome to the world of Bimota ownership!

Have had my eyes on this bike for a while. Explains why it is no longer on mobile.de

Piso
Piso

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Welcome to the world of Bimota ownership!

Have had my eyes on this bike for a while. Explains why it is no longer on mobile.de

Piso
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the world of Bimotas.....sure is a fine piece of art....I like the look of it even more then my DB4...... Very Happy
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....I like the look of it even more then my DB4...... Very Happy

Thanks, although your bike looks pretty good even before your 'refresh'. I also think the tricolore scheme works better on the DB4 (mainly cause there's more white, also like the Motocorse bikes and 2Bims DB2.) Mine is a bit too much like the 'disruption' camouflage used on ships etc and looses the lovely lines of the body panels a bit. Having said that it looks better in real life than photos.

Bike safely locked up and will get a front wheel 'grab/chock' by next week so I don't worry so much about the suicide sidestand.

Many thanks for the comments and hope to see you at Mcr Bike show?
2bims

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent you the link to the Forum for the sidestand Mod didnt I? Whereby fitting a plate relocates the spring so it changes back to a normal one?...I have a spare plate thats needed sitting to one side for you....that and a bolt is all thats needed.......
deebee4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your db2sr. Cool bike. Performance wise it should be better than a stock db4.

IMHO a nice rear stand looks better and makes it easier to work on the bike than a clamp front stand.
welshlamb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Santa arrived 2 days before Christmas (trading as Chas Mortimer transport!)

Just taking my time and working through things.
NOVA declared and all clear received same day (well done HMRC website). awaiting speedo parts ahead of MOT and rest of registration formalities.

Seat unit removed today and additional issues so far...
Top layer of underseat heat shield missing
mounting bracket for rear shock reservoir missing (tied with foam and zip ties)
airbox removed and foam disintegrated on separation from gauze..must be original I reckon, new foam ordered)
Battery is lead acid (not even gel mat) so probably order a replacement but for now put old one on charge after removal.

next step removing fairing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: