Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Another Newbie
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladolcevita7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum sir,a very nice motor you got there.....superb even 😉
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img]had some made and plated, cost a couple of drinks!, not quite as nice as the pukka ones but will do the job[/img]
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to say, just a couple of old alloy wheel nuts turned down and a couple of bolts skimmed down to the right diameter, happy days!
2bims

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VEry nice rich....you should get a mini production line going and sell a few on....perhaps a bit less than 120 euros plus postage though...Mores to the point though...have you been out on the bike yet?

Oh...chain adjustment....do it with someone sat on the bike...checking that is...as thats the way to do it with the rear wheel set-up....chain tensions a lot with a rider onboard.....and if you have it too tight it puts pressure on the gearbox sprocket spline...and chain itself.....
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Steve,
Not sure about a production line!, mind you I do have a fixture for locating the bolts while welding on so its possible! Hmmm.
Thanks for the advice on the chain adjusting. Yes ive ridden it a few times now when the weathers been ok, I love the chirpy intake noise when you open it up , I'm not too familiar with big modern tyres on a bike coming from the Morini 350 but I'm getting there, just taking my time getting used to everything. The low fuel warning light has a mind of its own, fist time out it came on so I filled up and only got a few litres in!!, so I'm sticking to the 100 miles to the tank guide you advised.
2bims

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont have to set any records on the bike....just use and enjoy.....the lightness and power of the brakes are its bonus for cornering and using engine braking also.....will ride rings around a lot of modern machinery in the twisties....and the chirp suck flap of the flatslides and K&N's is certainly addictive.......Petrol gauge light?...Just consider it a bonus that it still works....the movement of a bike doesnt really make much sense with petrol gauges anyhow
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot that when I first posted you asked what carbs I had steve, they are fcr 41's[img][/img]
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img][/img]
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice...Keihen FCR41 flatslides....with no choke.....a wonderful addition to any Ducati aircooled motor..........Strange that they are 41's and not 39's....normally folk go for the 41's if they have high comp pistons or a big bore 944cc kit fitted......so maybe you dropped lucky on that front also? Although only an engine strip would decide.

Have to ask though...is the throttle action fine on yours?? I notice that the push-pull twin cable set up is being fed from the RHS...running along the RHS of the carbs....yet the the throttle pulley and where the cable end nipples/lugs are located on these carbs is on the LHS...seems quite a tortuous route for the cablesfed around, kinked 90 degrees around the carbs, then up 90 degrees presumably between the carbs, then 90 degrees across the carbs, then 90 degrees down to where they connect into the carbs........

Normally they are fed in through around the left hand side of the headstock, down low, then up and over a cross rail under the tank and direct into the carbs on the LHS....never normally standard fit...and I have a makeshift rubber block bridge to atrifically raise the LHS of the petrol tank so it doesnt sit atop the cables....the cables having a 90 degree crank on them at that point to aid the flow down to the carbs....

In fact just like these that I have ordered to replace my existing ones....I'd be happy to see the route of your cables just in case it happens to be preferred/better....

http://www.frankmxparts.com/epages/62910900.sf/en_US/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62910900/Products/1228
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The throttle action seems OK to me but I don't really know any different. Its not stiff or notchy or anything so id say its OK. I will have a look at the throttle mechanism/routing, cant say as ive looked too much at it so far.
Took it out today for a good run, thoroughly enjoying it . I don't know either if the engines been moded, didn't get any history with it really!
2bims

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVRRICH wrote:
The throttle action seems OK to me but I don't really know any different. Its not stiff or notchy or anything so id say its OK. I will have a look at the throttle mechanism/routing, cant say as ive looked too much at it so far.
Took it out today for a good run, thoroughly enjoying it . I don't know either if the engines been moded, didn't get any history with it really!

have you not tried contacting the previous owner on the V5 reg doc?...maybe he still has the original rear stand?...name and address should be on there...and either a letter...or google/facebook search of his/her name may yield results?
TVRRICH

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, may give it a try
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> DB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: