Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 reserve fuel swith
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: YB10 reserve fuel swith Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

I have a YB10. The reserve fuel switch does not work. I have run out of fuel twice which is damn frustrating. I have tried to get a replacement from Bimota and the " spares " parts department. They are telling me the part in unavailable. Has anyone had to replace said switch - on the left of the dash which lights up when you press it ?
laminator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Are you sure it's the switch and not the solenoid?

When the switch is pushed it energises a solenoid that opens the reserve outlet on the tank.

You could put a multimeter across the switch to check it's operation.

If the switch is working I'd bank on the solenoid not opening. I'm not sure where to get them from but Bimotanige purchased a new one for his ali tank. He should know where to get them from.
bimotanige

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Lami - likely the solenoid switch has corroded or stuck. if you push the button you should hear a loud clunk from it if its working

German ebay, user laura 135 or DTR slotcar

You are looking for a Bimota Benzinhahn elektrisch

I think the link below will find it for you
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bimota-Benzinhahn-elektrisch-/401005571840

Nige

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. The switch is broken/damaged so I need to replace that but I will check the solenoid.
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:24 am    Post subject: reserve switch Reply with quote

Still looking for the switch, also need a replacement rear mudguard. These guys at that Bimota Spares site are not really that helpful. Was wondering if an off the shelf Yamaha rear mudguard " hugger " would fit. Anyone replaced one?
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: reserve switch Reply with quote

BimotaBoy wrote:
Still looking for the switch, also need a replacement rear mudguard. These guys at that Bimota Spares site are not really that helpful. Was wondering if an off the shelf Yamaha rear mudguard " hugger " would fit. Anyone replaced one?

Paolo of BimotaClassic Parts i usually pretty helpful....I checked their spare parts list and it would seem that they dont have any spare rear huggers for the YB10......Others from other bikes could always be made to fit...but I doubt that the fixing holes for bolts would match up....Bimota always made their own swingarms and rear huggers specific only to their own bikes....
2bims

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the switch part youre looking for?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Bimota-Benzinhahn-elektrisch-/401005571840?hash=item5d5dcb6f00:g:gtEAAOxy3zNSf8LX

I suggest you put a post in the "spare parts wanted" section for the hugger also..
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: YB10 reserve switch Reply with quote

I have bought these in the past as a push button led switch. Try searching your local electronics components brochures - you may get lucky.
Jonny B Bad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:12 pm    Post subject: YB10 hugger Reply with quote

I think these will be very rare now. Can you not get your original repaired? Failing that, it's a matter of getting a mould made from an original to get one made up in carbon fibre. I could do that for you, but you would be absorbing the cost of a mould as well as getting the part made, which would be expensive (not much change out of £1,000 I would guess, as it's a relatively large part), unless there were others also wanting a new carbon hugger.
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did find the original switches many years ago but only a trade supplier who would do them in bulk. Mine currently has a generic switch cable tied under the clocks.

Airtech do a replacement hugger I think, although the postage might hurt:-

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/bimota/dieci.htm

I could do with one as well

All the best

Katy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reserve fuel switch was removed by the PO. An aftermarket petcock was installed. No issues so far as I keep my eyes on the mileage covered (in my case KMs). However, the petcock I have does not allow for much clearance between the two fuel lines. Is there a better petcock I can install? I am not necessarily looking to revert back to stock, but I can't even get a second proper hose clamp on there. Also, any recommendations on EXCELLENT quality fuel lines that may have slimmer OD?

2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really grateful for the replies. The switch is completely broken and falling apart. I have looked on e-bay and Amazon for a generic replacement. I also found an automotive electrically store which may have a replacement switch. I was having no real joy with Paolo, but once I rang him and we got chatting and he found I had more than one Bimota he was actually quite helpful. The rear hugger has been broken - looks like someone sat on it - and as I was to sell the YB10 to get an SB6R I would really like to get her up to original spec if I can
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Think the original reserve switch is a Miyama DS-700 (from a sticker that was on mine).

Many years ago I found an equivalent switch but couldn't source one (1000 might have been easier!).

Possible equivalent here:-

https://www.e-switch.com/product-catalog/pushbutton/product-lines/d16-series-illuminated-pushbutton-switches#.VwGOw3DOUxU

All the best

Katy
BimotaBoy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:40 pm    Post subject: Switchy thing Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I've spent ages trawling ebay. There are loads but the mounting hole is only 12mm and there are only three wires on the original one so I'm not sure about the four/five pins. If I get a four or five pin will it work. This is so frustrating
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are going for originality you may wish to consider replacing the switch with a petcock, run 2 in-1 out filter and not worry about wiring.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: