Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

YB10 inline fuel filter(s) and fuel line upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I did get a new electric fuel tap about 15 years ago not long after I bought the bike (one wire had snapped where it comes out of the resin that seals it). But the 'new' tap is playing up these days, and seems to stick open sometimes. Which is a bit of a pain (I ran out of fuel one night - with massive amounts of luck it first cut out 200 yards from home, restarted and ran dry totally as I pulled on to the drive).

All the best

Katy
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this what youre looking for/talking about? Seller has 2 of them left

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Bimota-Benzinhahn-elektrisch/401327105219?hash=item5d70f5a4c3:g:gtEAAOxy3zNSf8LX

Is a seller I've dealt with before also...better known as Armin Schneider of Bimota-parts.de
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, looks like it (although slightly different I think)

Thank you

All the best

Katy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the year is starting off right - the YB10 is finally running. I was surprised that the bike would start after sitting around all this time but it did.

So to recap, the tank was lined to prevent expansion caused by use of ethanol in the fuel. I use highest octane gas sold in my area, which is 91. I know that for many Euro regions this is equivalent to an average octane rating but I have to work with what I got.

I used two Acerbic petcocks with outlets facing each other. A T-Connection was used to connect the fuel lines coming off each petcock to the line going to the filter and then onto the fuel pump. I bought a Pingel filter and was originally trying to figure out the best way to run the fuel lines under the tank without crushing them catastrophically. In the end, I went with a plastic fuel filter (thanks Katy). I also used a 90* quick disconnect from Beemer Boneyard to allow for easier tank removal.

The Dieci is going to the tuner in order to dial in the bike properly and get it ready for the street and eventually the Quail Motorcycle Run taking place in May. Thanks to all who have shared their knowledge and offered words of wisdom.

This project should have never taken so long. Its really a several week affair that includes waiting for the tank to be lined. This was just me not being on the point, getting sidetracked, and spending way too much time overthinking the process.
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefriar wrote:
I use highest octane gas sold in my area, which is 91. I know that for many Euro regions this is equivalent to an average octane rating but I have to work with what I got.

Europe and the USA tend to use different octane rating systems. The 2 main systems are RON and MON, with as a rule of thumb the MON rating being 10 points lower than the RON rating of the same fuel. The USA uses the PON (pump octane number) which is an average of the RON and MON figures. So rule of thumb 5 points lower, and so about European 96 octane. Standard European unleaded (confusingly called premium - there used to be a lower grade available in some European countries) is 95 octane so you are slightly above that.

Having that that, from memory Japanese bikes from the early 1990s tended to be set up for fairly low octane fuel. Have a feeling the FZR might have been designed for 91 RON.

Katy
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your input Katy and thanks to all who chimed in!

Called Jett Tuning in Camarillo, CA and they will take the bike in for a refresher. I can't wait to get back on it. My friend who's been riding with me for years noted that I was the happiest when riding the Dieci. Let the good times roll...
2004 BMW R11S BCR
2010 Ducati Streetfighter 1098 S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: