Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Wiring

View previous topic :: View next topic  
firststrike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Wiring Reply with quote

Hi folks, been a while since the old girl played up and i needed your advice but here we are again.
My question is this i removed the battery box and subframe to refurbish and on re-assembly i have a black wire with a crimped eye on it, was previously connected to the battery but should it be on the + pole or the - pole of the battery? instinct says - but with Bimota who knows. I have traced it back into the wiring loom where it connects with a load of other black wires and then heads up to the ecu also one of the wires goes down to the ignition pick-up. I also think my ecu may be knackered as i don't have sparks or fuel at the injectors, my last post was similar but turned out to be the rev counter rev limiter. Any help much appreciated as per usual. Very Happy

Regards and happy riding Dave
Bud977

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust your instincts. The YB wiring loom has a number of earth wires, all black with ring terminals. There are some odd ones that need to be connected to the frame or else the motor won't start.
firststrike

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bud, a company in Holland may be able to take a look at the ECU, waiting to hear back from them.
Must be a bugger for punishment apart from the Bimota we have a Ducati 750 which if you look at it the wrong way it don't go and also 2 RD500's to which the word tempramental does no justice whatsoever.
My son has a RR5 fireblade which never gets the slightest bit of love or attention gets thrashed to within an inch of it's life and just keeps going & going Twisted Evil
bimotabob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model is it?
firststrike

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the YB9 Sri. Connected all the black wires with crimped eyes onto the frame and sub frame, had to scrape off lovely new paint on sub frame Sad , checked for sparks and all 4 sparking with 4 new spark plugs Very Happy . Fresh fuel in the fuel tank, hit the starter and still not going Crying or Very sad . Grab the can of easy start - empty!
Over to tool chest pull out syringe, fill syringe with petrol squirt a few Ml's down each inlet tract hit the starter and boom bursts into life. Do one of those funny country dances around garage and left bike running until fan came on ( replacement rad had been fitted)
Switch off and then re start happy every time.
All that remains now is re- tape wiring harness in places where i was checking and to put it all back together.
As its going to have fresh paint i was thinking of going silver and red, have seen one on here.
desmopiega

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i have a problem with my sri the rev limiter is at 1000rpm i don't know what to do
firststrike

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Rev limiter Reply with quote

Hope you got my pm, if you need any further help just message me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> YB Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: