Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Just sold my R100 GS. What's next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That there sure is a lot of bling... Great looking bike

Steve, you are spot on. I would be naive to think that it oWould handle anywhere close to MV. It weighs in in the upper 400s lbs. it's really a bike you can daily ride, enjoy it's pluses and realize that for the amount of scratch it cost you those negatives can be forgiven and mostly ignored. I could leave it parked in the street and not worry about the heat and if something was going to happen, well I can always get a replacement - it's definitely no Bimota.

if I would resume street riding on daily or even semi daily basis, I would most likely end up with Eddie Lawson green. Never had a green bike.... Riding on the streets in So Cal especially in traffic sucks big time. People are ignorant as all heck and nobody, I mean nobody will take the responsibility if they are at fault.
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika #245
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1099RR
2bims

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bike was quite sparse on Bolt on bling....I put some pro-bolt tapered head allen bolts on the crankcase cover...and it had a Motech SS chain guard...and chrome engine bars...but the rest of the bling was pure stock kawasaki items....all the alloy parts are painted silver...and it had all been stripped and polish...swinging arm...everyone though it was a Metmachex with its eccentric adjusters...fork legs...rear grab handles...Rad covers....Reservoir pot covers...etc etc....Previous owner had put a Scorpion titanium pipe on it...and a belly pan and neatly fitted undertray and rear hugger and colour matched them in...and wheels likewise are alloy polished rims and painted yellow spokes.

Certainly an everyday bike...never had an issue with it...cranks like a beastie on starter motor...fuel on, reserve and a prime if its been sat for a while...and a choke...and fuel gauge....most practical...wide as a bus but cracks a fair lick it has to said.....I'd buy it back if he lets it go...although he'd probably want more for it than he paid as prices have crept up 50-100% since I sold it...its become a "classic" in the UK...Green ones will cost more....Big Bird was the nickname for the Bike...Mighty and Yellow....me girlie rode it most...I have few pictures of it as it was "just" a runner in my eyes...an everyday hack but pleasureable in an old skool biking way
yb11reno

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tirefrier, I think I've said it before, I've got similar tastes in bikes as you. - and similar tendancy to not own them very long. I had an R1100S and a Ducati ST4S monster in the past. I did a couple of 600 mile days on the R1100S, my shoulders were really sore at the end of the day. I did an 800 mile day on the monster and felt fine. I was shocked. So I find the naked sport bikes to be fine for distance riding. I also had a Harley v-rod which I did a couple of long days on. Maybe it's just my anatomy, I couldn't wait to get off that thing. I sold it soon after.

Jack
Tirefriar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack, the ergos of the r11s can be changed with bar risers and seat modifications. One beemer I had issues with weight on the wrists was the R1150 Rockster. Rode the Boxer Cup yesterday to Marina del Rey via old Topanga Road and PCH. What can I say, it does well in either environment and steady as a rock in the twisties.

MV has discontinued making B4 models, currently only B3 models available for sale. The factory is speaking about bringing back the model in the future but at a much more premium price point. Overall, MV is a bit disappointing as a brand on the US market, particularly with parts availability being a crap shoot. I was mulling over the idea of putting up the Brutale for sale and setting off on a search for the second generation Tuono Factory. I saw a 2nd gen RSV-R Factory yesterday and loved the way that bike looked. Had it been a Tuono, I might have had a lot of 'splainin' to do of why theres a new bike in the garage...

Steve, the prices for the ZRX have firmed up but still plenty out there keeping them still reasonable. If you ever come over stateside, I will be more than happy in helping you find a nice clean one.
2004 BMW Boxer Cup Replika #245
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1099RR
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: