Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

DB2 Crush drive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madasfook

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: DB2 Crush drive Reply with quote

Just taken out my crushdrive only to find that its totaly shaged as the rubber has gone , it looks very much like the ones on my 1994 Ducati 900ss.
anybody know if they are compatable ? or know the part number ?
jonoft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the cush drive rubbers are shagged you should check the 5 "drive pins". They may have developed cracks so remove them and inpect both them and the hub carefully. Bimota first fitted "drive pins" with 10 mm threads to these 3 spoke Oscam wheels, then 12 and in the end the so called "monster" version with 14mm threads. The Ducati cush drive rubbers are not the same.

Jon
madasfook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the info you are right about the pins being 10mm thred but im realy after a new set so i will just keep looking
jonoft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked with my computer and it looks like I have one last kit for the DB2 (5x14mm pins and 5xrubbers). Contact me at jonoft@frisurf.no if you are interested.

Now, cush drive rubbers are not the same for all post 1988 Bimotas. The first Oscam wheels used for the YB4 and YB6 did not have a separate cush drive. They had 7 rubbers fitted to the center of the sprocket.

Later Oscam wheels for the DB2, SB6, SB7 etc had a separate cush drive with 5 slightly thicker rubbers fitted to the hub of the wheel. Rubbers used for the later Oscam wheels are not identical to the rubbers (6) used for the Antera wheels fitted to YB11, SB6R, SB8R, DB4 etc.

Bimotas like the early Mantra and the YB9 fitted with Marchesini wheels again uses a different rubber than the Oscam or Antera ones. To complicate matters further the pins are different for almost every model due to different thickness of the rear sprockets and/or width of sprocket carrier.

Best regards
Jon

Last edited by jonoft on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
madasfook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John i have sent you a email , if you dont get it this is mine motojohn@hotmail.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> Bimota Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: