Bimota Forum Forum Index Bimota Forum
Forum for Bimota Owners and Riders

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  

Can a Trofeo be road registered (in the UK)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickyb

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:04 pm    Post subject: Can a Trofeo be road registered (in the UK)? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm looking for a V Due and have been offered an 'new' unregistered Trofeo...

Can it be registered for road use here in the Uk?

Are the Trofeos free of the mechanical problems that plagued the original bikes, or do they need work before they are reliable?

Is it a better bet buying an Edition Finale (of which I've also been offered elsewhere)

Thanks for your help

Simon
vort28

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trofeo's can be registered , I have mine on a daytime MOT only , no lights Shocked Laughing
BOFFER

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Simon, I would say that none of the bikes are the finished product, irrespective of whether its an edition finale / trofeo or evolution etc. They will all need some degree of fettling to make them 100% correct. It would be true to say that some bikes have more amendments than others and will need less work. The Trofeo comes with its own issues as its essentially designed for the track but can be put on the road with some work. Naturally it doesn't have lights and indicators and mirrors etc as standard but you can always run on a daytime mot or have them retro fitted later. The exhausts are different and it will need some mods to fit a number plate etc. The exhausts are different fitment and set up with one sticking out the rear and one off set and they of course alter the carb settings as they are designed for track, not road. The short answer is that running a Trofeo will probably be the same hassle as any other vdue but not more hassle than the norm. That's my two penneth anyway. All vdues are equal but some are more equal than others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bimota Forum Forum Index -> V Due All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: